Zenith refurbishment?

momto2

Does anyone know when the Zenith last underwent drydock for refurbishment? Has anyone traveled on it since then? Looking to take this ship to Bermuda but have seen some reviews that indicate she is somewhat worn. TIA for the information.

Zenith underwent some refurbishment last fall here in my hometown of Charleston, SC. We haven't sailed on her since then, but plan on sailing next March out of Tampa. We loved the ship when we took a 14-day cruise out of Jacksonville a couple of years ago.

Nibby is correct. Zenith was in drydock last October. It was not a huge refurbishment inside the ship. They changed carpeting on the pool deck and sun deck and some of the other floors (including the dining room). From what I heard they also changed some of the soft goods in the cabins (rugs, bedspreads, curtains) but this seems to be an ongoing project and not all cabins were done.

We sailed Zenith twice last summer before the drydock and found her to be a lovely ship we absolutely the best crew. She is not worn out but I prefer to say she is "lived-in" and comfy. She is not a glitzy mega-ship but perfect for Bermuda as she can dock in both Hamilton and St. George. In fact, we booked her again for June.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Just back from the Zenith 4/8-4/13, Yes, she is an elegant lady, slightly warn around the edges, but with no impact upon her function. Our cabin was clean, spacious and well kept.(yes as prevoiusly stated there was some wear in the tile, but the water pressure was great) Do not expect a MEGA but a fine sailing experience with the most wonderful crew . This was our seventh cruise but the first with X. My question"Why did I wait so long?" I would return to her in a heart beat, in fact , I was just looking @ Bermuda in Sept.

w99flash-

I agree with Ron (Bauerdogs)... Take 9/23/06... The rates are better and so far, it looks like there will be a really great group of people!

I'm looking forward to it. It's my first cruise, and from what I've read on the boards, Zenith is a fantastic ship.

I just sailed on the Zenith from 4/3-4/8. I found her absolutely lovely! :) (let me insert here that I easily get the "kooties" (LOL!) when staying at hotels etc...I use to work at a Wyndham)

Was the Zenith like new? no. But very clean. I can't say enough about the service that we received!!! And the food....YUM! Something for everyone...even the pickiest eaters (me).

Did I mention the fantastic staff?! Really. One waiter at the buffett line actually told me he was so happy to be able to serve me! They really do make you feel like a Celebrity! LOL!:D

My husband and I had a really nice trip. (And I was even REALLY REALLY sick one day.:() I wonder about the people that have nothing good to say....they might be the types that will NEVER be satisfied.:rolleyes:

So go and enjoy yourself!!

~Kerry

We were on the Zenith in January, it is a great ship. I agree with all that has been said, great food, (don't miss the waffles), great service, very clean. Can't say enought about the ship and the staff, they go out of their way to accomodate your needs. You will not be disappointed.

Archived