Please give us a review

dgack1

Before I start let me first say....Yes, I have searched the forum, but I am sure that things change, peoples opinion differ, and tours/guides come and go. If you have visited Rotan please take a sec. and let me know what you/your family/your friends loved, liked, or hated. Thanks for any input.....:p

Before I start let me first say....Yes, I have searched the forum, but I am sure that things change, peoples opinion differ, and tours/guides come and go. If you have visited Rotan please take a sec. and let me know what you/your family/your friends loved, liked, or hated. Thanks for any input.....:p

I will be visiting Roatan soon. When I return from my cruise I will post a report.

When we were on the Valor Western Cruise, we went to Roatan and went to Tabayana Beach and snorkeled. Just beautiful. The reef and the beach were gorgeous. One of my favorite places in the Caribbean (right behind Trunk Bay, St. John, VI).

We used Victor Bodden and were very happy. Had an island tour, zip line for the kids and then to west bay-right next to tabayana beach. The island is beautiful but since we were there easter week it was very crowded. I'm very glad we had a guide as we felt like we saw everything and learned all about the island -a great introduction plus I wouldn't have wanted to be on a scooter for anything. The trafic, especially in west end, was horible! I was a bit dissapointed in the snorkeling at west end, plenty of fish but not great visability. Doesn't compare with Cozumel pre-hurricane or Ambergris Caye in Belize. Go soon as construction is #1 industry right now.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to Roatan twice. The first trip we went to Tabanya Beach on ship sponsored tour. Had a great time but didn't get to see much of the island. The beach was nice & no sand fleas as some people experience. On second trip to booked a car & guide through Victor Bodden. Victor met us at the dock & introduced us to our driver. It was a fantastic day. They will take you anywhere you want to go, if you have something specific in mind. We went to the Cameo Factory, Fantasy Island, Half Moon Bay where we had lunch at a restaurant, a beautiful home owned by Americans, Iguana Farm, & stopped to shop along the way on our tour of the island. It was a great day & our driver, Alie, was very informative & a really nice guy. We really like Roatan - it's a beautiful island & the people are very friendly. When we return, we'll definitely book with Victor again. Have a great trip.

Can you give me some additional information on the Cameo factory and the tour that you took with Victor. Assume you would recommend him and the tour that you did based on your post? Was the restaurant that you had lunch at owned by an American or did you just visit the home?

Archived