Several Questions!

Jfultz81

Please help answer these questions, thanks!

1) How long does it take to drive around the island?

2) How much is gas (on average)?

3) How long does it take to see San Gervasio?

4) Does it cost anything to visit San Gervasio?

5) What type of food and what price range is Coconuts?

Thank you very much for the info!!

Your questions one at a time:

1) :rolleyes: A taxi driver can do it in 30 mins or less .....but a slow drive with a stop here and there about 2-3+ hours...it depends on how many stops you make and for how long

2) I don't do gas so can't help you here but you need to return your rental with the same amount of gas that it had when you picked it up

3) Again it depends on you...a quick walk through maybe 45 minutes...with a guide and leisurely pace 2+ hours...(bring bug spray and water)

4) about $6 admission plus extra($15-20) for a guide if you want one

5) prices range from a fwe bucks on up...here is the website link http://www.islacozumel.net/food/coconuts/ (mostly snack and kunch type foods)

Hope this helps you out!

Cozgal pretty much answered the questions the same way I would. The only things I can add are you definitely much get the Cozumel map from http://www.cancunmap.com if you are even thinking of driving around the island. It is much more than just a map, it is a very good guide to the island and will help you immensely when it comes to planning your day. Also, be sure to wear plenty of sunscreen. It is easy to get burned to a crisp.

Coconuts photos

Gas was in the $5-6 range when I was in Cozumel two weeks ago.

Although I can't make a blanket statement, it was my experience as well as a few other people on these boards that the rental companies tend to give you the car with 1/4 of a tank or less. Therefore, you should be aware that the gas stations in Cozumel are mostly around San Miguel and the piers. There are no gas stations in the southern end of the island or on the east coast.

It was my goal to spend my day in Cozumel, driving around and exploring, but first I drove my family to San Francisco beach. I then had to drive all the way back to town to put some gas in the car.

I had a very nice lunch at Coconuts. Two beers, and an order of Shrimp tacos, plus tip ran $16.00. It's a wonderful place to sit and relax. Great view. Be on the lookout, because I'm hoping to post some pictures within the next week (I have to edit the family pictures first).

There's no way you can drive around the island in half an hour. The loop is around 60 kms so you'd have to average 120 KMPH (around 75 MPH). That would be a challenge for even Cozumel's craziest cab drivers! Figure on about 1.25 hrs without stops.

Gas is going for the equivalent of around $2.50 USD per gallon.

Have the fish or conch sandwich at Coconuts...very fresh!

There's no way you can drive around the island in half an hour. The loop is around 60 kms so you'd have to average 120 KMPH (around 75 MPH). That would be a challenge for even Cozumel's craziest cab drivers! Figure on about 1.25 hrs without stops.

Gas is going for the equivalent of around $2.50 USD per gallon.

Have the fish or conch sandwich at Coconuts...very fresh!

;) That was a joke Tom! Notice the smiley face...although.... I have been in taxis that drove well above posted speeds!

Archived