Gatorlady

Gatorlady

We are leaving on Great Rivers...GCT on May 9th. Need advise on options please. Marksburg Castle from Koblenz, Rudesheim's Drosselgasse Wine Alley Dinner Outing, Weltenburg Monastery and Danube Gorge, Baroque and beer. We have been to Heidelberg and Rothenburg so will not do these. Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.

I took the Great Rivers a couple of years ago and I was amazed at all the optional tours they offer now. Most of these were included two years ago. That's a shame. Anyhow, I will be taking the Marksburg Castle tour this year as others said it's a good tour and since I've already seen Koblenz. Rudensheim is a wonderful little town to tour and especially enjoyed the cable car ride across the vineyards to the statue high on the hill. The views from there are just outstanding. As far as paying $59. for a dinner in the Drosselgasse Alley, I would hesitate. Yes, it was OK food, and we had an 8 piece oom-pa-pa band entertaining us, but you could certainly find other places to eat if not on the ship for less. Weltenberg Monastery and Danube Gorge were good, especially the boat ride. Like I said, two years ago this was included. Heidelberg was an included trip also but Rothenburg wasn't. Going over this cruise in the book, I'm really surprised at how much they are charging for extra things. We stayed in Vienna for 3 days and did two opt. tours. The others were included. We only had 3 opt. tours for the entire 19 day trip. If I were to take this trip this year, there would be up to 10 opt. tours to take, where as most were included 2 years ago. Bummer!

Archived