Site for Refurbished ships

CRUZFOOLS

Anyone know where I can find a site that tells me what and when ships are being refurbished. We're looking for a short cruise with kids in February but we don't have many choices. All the ships are old. I would really like to know what ships will be redone.

I guess I'm a little confused. What ships are you looking at? New ships are being produced all the time, there are usually a few new ships debuting every year. There are a few dozen ships that have debut since 2000 and they are all in tip-top shape. Why are you looking for a recently refurbished ship? Do you want a small ship, and those are all old? I would agree with that because most newly built ships are megaliners, but if you don't care about ship size then I'm not sure why you're looking for a refurbished ship when there are plenty of new ones to choose from.

Actually we are looking for a ship that leaves from New Orleans, Galveston, Mobile or Houston so that we can drive to the port. We have no children but have a friend that has triplets. They want to cruise but their parents don't so I told them I would take them. I am looking for a 5 nighter but I want to take them on a ship that will be fun with things to do. I guess I don't have much choice as I read the reviews of the older ships from the above mentioned ports and they don't sound so great. I guess I'm hoping that the ships that cruise for 5 nights might get refurbished and look new.:rolleyes:

All ships get refurbished eventually, sure, regardless of what trips they take.

I took a look at some of the trips you were looking for and now I see what you mean. A lot of the ships sailing from that area on short trips are rather old, but all ships get refurbished every so often. Here are some possible options for yo, these ships are all doing 5-night trips:

• Ecstasy (Carnival) from Galveston - built 1991, refurb 2000, mini-refurb 2006 (following post-Katrina service)
  • Splendour of the Seas (RCCL) from Galveston - built 1996, refurb 1998, refurb 2001
  • Holiday (Carnival) from Mobile - built 1985, refurb 2000, refurb 2002
  • Fantasy (Carnival) from New Orleans - built 1990, refurb 2000, refurb 2003, also refurbished sometime quite recently, click here for official info from Carnival

By the way, I am not a travel agent - I just did some basic research for fun. If you have a travel agent, definitely talk to him or her about what you're looking for. :)

Archived