Crystal Ocean View or Celebrity CS Suite

Ozziecruiser

I have not yet cruised Crystal and very much want to so I would opt for the ocean view.

While I still enjoy X, I do think they have declined over the past few years (not unusual in the industry) but Crystal is consistently rated excellent. I plan to experience it myself one of these days!

A suite on Celebrity beats a regular ocean view room on Crystal anytime. The panoramic windows in the Celebrity Suite are wonderful. Try to get a Royal Suite if it is not that much more expensive. Add to that the Thalassotherapry pool, Sushi at night, the Cova Cafe and the Martini Bar and I know what I would pick! I hardly noticed any differences in the quality of food between Crystal and Celebrity either. Especially Crystal's pasta dishes are much overhyped. Oh, and although it sounds impossible: the average age on Crystal is even higher as on Celebrity :-)

Best Regards,

Floris

A suite on Celebrity beats a regular ocean view room on Crystal anytime. The panoramic windows in the Celebrity Suite are wonderful. Try to get a Royal Suite if it is not that much more expensive. Add to that the Thalassotherapry pool, Sushi at night, the Cova Cafe and the Martini Bar and I know what I would pick! I hardly noticed any differences in the quality of food between Crystal and Celebrity either. Especially Crystal's pasta dishes are much overhyped. Oh, and although it sounds impossible: the average age on Crystal is even higher as on Celebrity :-)

Best Regards,

Floris

Which X ship are you considering? I think that makes a difference. I enjoyed Zenith and Horizon (was on them both when they were new and spiffy), found Infinity to be delightful (4 years ago) but Mercury was not up to X's standards, IMO.

IMRE, the sushi is grocery store quality, there was not a seat to be had before dinner any night of my cruise in the Martini Bar (and the A/C was broken the entire cruise ), the T pool is nice on M class but just ok on Century class, the beds were really worn out on Mercury, the elevators cranky, the sink cracked in the cabin bathroom and the ship needs a redo.

I always find it more appropriate to compare the ships themselves and not just the line, as they are different indeed. I would not go back on Mercury but am looking forward to the revitalized Century.

Archived