best shore excursions on mexican riviera?

dollymomma

We did the Las Caletas tour in PV this past Feb, and it was our favorite day! Started out on a boat ride over to the resort; got up close and personal with some whales, and sea turtles; had a fabulous lunch; sea kayaked; boogie boarded; snorkeled; and relaxed on the beach. Big party atmosphere on the boat ride back to the pier. Everything I mentioned was included in the tour price. What more could you ask for in a day???

DW and I loved the Sierra Madre Tour in Mazatlan. It was a full day tour, but we felt it was worth it! You go way up in the mountains and see the real Mexico. Although we have not done it, I continue to see positive reviews of Randi's Happy Horses (or something like that) in Mazatlan.

We did the Las Caletas tour in PV this past Feb, and it was our favorite day! Started out on a boat ride over to the resort; got up close and personal with some whales, and sea turtles; had a fabulous lunch; sea kayaked; boogie boarded; snorkeled; and relaxed on the beach. Big party atmosphere on the boat ride back to the pier. Everything I mentioned was included in the tour price. What more could you ask for in a day???

This sounds great. We'll be in PV in October. Can you please give me a web address or contact info so we can check it out? Thanks.

This is a pretty open question and would depend entirely on what your likes/dislikes are....

With that said, we did a ton of research on the Mexican Riviera board before our last Mexico cruise and continue to look here each day.

Our favorites are Randi & Los Veranos. We are taking a friend with us this time, so we will repeat both of these in January.

If you like city tours - in Mazatlan, your best bet it going to be Mazatlan Frank.

Las Caletas by day and by night both get excellent reveiws on here. We would do that if DH could stand the boat ride, but small boats for that length of time are not his friends.

Dolphin Encounter in PV is rated pretty well also.

In cabo we did the ships snorkeling tour and it was just ok. We are going to do the Desert Park ATV ride this time...

You can do a search for these on these boards easily. Enjoy!!

Our favorites are Randi & Los Veranos. We are taking a friend with us this time, so we will repeat both of these in January.

I have to agree! We had the time of our lives at De Los Veranos in PV and Randi's in Mazatlan! (It was our second time for Randi's!) I just can't imagine spending the day doing anything else! I didn't do the zip lines, but hubby, son, and a friend did and had the best time! We hung around at the restaurant and drank Margaritas while waiting for them - very scenic! And our son had a blast swimming in the river and sliding on the waterslides! Randi's is just a day of pure heaven on the beach! If you'd like to see our pics, just click the link below!

Have fun whatever you decide to do!

This sounds great. We'll be in PV in October. Can you please give me a web address or contact info so we can check it out? Thanks.

We booked through NCL - it is the Las Caletas Hideaway tour in the shore excursion info. I am sure, though, that if you look up Las Caletas on the internet you can find other info/photos to check it out for yourself.

Enjoy your cruise:) !!

I agree. The Sierra Madre Tour in Mazatlan was great! In my photo album I have photos from there, as well as the other shore excursions we took. Look at the bottom of the webpage which has my review of the cruise - there is a link to the photo album as well as links to the Patters and Menus.

http://members.aol.com/pudyqat/DawnPrincess.html

We did city and beach tour with Frank in Mazatlan.. definitely recommend him and the next time we are back in Mazatlan, we will probably go with Randi and her horses - since there are rave reviews.

In PV - all we did was beach break.. booked through our ship - they took us to Paradise Village.. from 9 to 3:30 pm - enjoyed day on beach and buffet..

Cabo - not sure..as we did Los Arcos tour. .which we enjoyed and then just walked the pier and took in some Margaritas and salsas. Next time, we might try snorkeling, but we were told the water in March is still cold, so we decided to pass. ;)

In Mazatlan, we did the City and Beach Resort (slightly different than the City/Beach tour) tour with Frank. I have to believe any tour with Frank is a great option. He took great care of us, we had a lot of fun and felt we saw much more of Mazatlan than the other ports.

Book him early as he does fill up.

Vallarta Adventures is one of the lead tour operators used by the cruise ships. Here is their web site - http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/ They own the rights to the Las Caletas location.

You can't book Vallarta Adventure tours directly with the company (at a discount) if the same tour is offered through the ship. You can book the same tour indirectly (at a discount) through a third party tour broker. For Las Caletas' date=' as an example, I would book through http://www.vallartaonline.com/tours/Caletas/ . I'll stand in the same line and be on the same boat to the excursion site as the people that booked through the ship but I will have paid $25-35 less per person. This holds true for neary all tours offered by the ship.

Enjoy!

I have to agree with the Los Veranos tour in P.V. that you can book on-line we just got back as this is a must if you have kids, I think Randi's would probably be the same although we did not go on that one wish we did we book a stone island tour on-line and it was not to good. what ever you do just enjoy the monent.

Archived