Signing little one in & out of camp

cascole

I'm hoping someone here can answer a question for me on signing little ones in & out of Camp Carnival. I'll be cruising with a dear friend (my kids even call her Auntie), my son & his friend (teens) along with my two year old. I know that the same person that signs the little one into camp must also be the one to sign him out - but does that have to be the parent, or can my friend (or my older son) do the honors? I can't imagine I would not be the one to do it, but just in case - it's nice to know for sure.

Thanks for any info!

It's been a few years since I've travelled on Carnival but I do believe the only persons who can sign a child out must be related (for obvious reasons: what if there's some misunderstanding about one person signing out a child and the parent freaks out...).

I hope someone with more experience answers this, but it just doesn't make sense to require someone "related" if you mean officially, legally, familially related... what are they going to do, ask for your family tree to sign your child out? It's probably the same as schools... what matters is who the parent/guardian APPROVES to take the child out. I bet they have you fill out a form and one line asks, "any other people who can sign your child out?" You fill in your friend's name, then she should be able to do the pick up.

If my memory is true, older siblings can not sign a little one out of camp.

I'm not sure about adult family/friends. I use my maiden name, so it is different from my children's, and I was never questioned.

DH and I almost always go together to sign the kids in. We both put our signatures on the line. That way, either one of us can pick up.

HTH, and enjoy!

I can't recall the policy, but we sailed Liberty in November and my wife (who did not change her name) was able to sign-in/sign-out regularly. How would they know if she was a parent, other family or friend? I can't remember whether the information was on the Camp Carnival registration form or not, but I'm pretty sure they didn't compare the information anyhow. Unlike some other cruise lines (I heard Disney has some sort of automated, electronic sign-in/sign-out), Camp Carnival is still a manual sign-in/sign-out process.

Regardless, I think if you talk with the Camp Carnival staff, they will work with you. Remember they work for tips too!

Sorry, it's been a few years since we've cruised Carnival; but we just got off the Island Princess a few weeks ago. In the Fun Zone, they actually made copies of the Driver's License or photo ID of the adults who were given permission to sign in or out the children.

When we sailed on the glory (10/03) we were with a large group of friends/ family. My oldest son & niece are the same age so whoever (my husband, myself, brother-in-law, grandma etc.) "had the kids" at the time signed them in and out of camp. We were never questioned either!

have fun!

I don't know how Carnival works but Princess you put who is allowed to sign your child out on the registration card and then you must show a photo ID when signing the child out.

When we were on Carnival Triumph last year my husband and I were able to sign the grandkids out if we had signed them in, even though they didn't all have our last name, with no problem. I'm not sure the kids' parents had to put our name on a list of those allowed to check the kids in or out, but I suspect that would be the case.

Now when we have sailed, on all of the ships noted below, the parent that signed in our son was the ONLY person who could sign him out. I guess each ship has different rules.

that seems to be the policy on Carnival ships: that the same person who signed the child in that day, has to be the one to sign the child out.

On Princess, the mother can sign the child in and the father can sign the child out, or vice versa. But the one to sign the child out must show a photo ID. They'll even suggest you get a copy of your license/passport made at the Passenger Services desk so it can be kept with the counselors.

Archived