2007 Alaska

chessbriar

Well, the next round of new itineraries is coming out. Rather than have one long thread with all the itineraries, I thought I'd break them down my location. So here is the start of Alaska.

Mercury 7 nights beginning May 4-September 14

FRI Seattle, Washington 4:00 PM Docked

SAT At Sea Docked

SUN Juneau, Alaska 1:00 PM 11:00 PM Docked

MON Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM 3:00 PM Docked

TUE Hubbard Glacier (Cruising) 6:30 AM 11:00 AM Docked

WED Ketchikan, Alaska 9:00 AM 3:00 PM Docked

WED Prince Rupert, B.C.1 0:00 PM 11:00 PM Docked

THU At Sea Docked

FRI Seattle, Washington 6:00 AM

Hey Rick! I hope my reply is in the appropriate place....this is the whole Alaska thread, right?

This is what I was waiting for!

Did they post any 1-way Alaska itineraries from Seward to Van?

Can you start booking yet?

Thank you so much for posting!

Mercury 7 nights beginning May 4-September 14

WED Prince Rupert, B.C.1 0:00 PM 11:00 PM Docked

one hour?? why even bother??

Wasn't it Sat-Sat. or Sun-Sun in 2006? Not quite sure if I like the idea of a Friday departure... oh well! let's see what else Celebrity comes up with :D

Mercury has been doing Friday departures from Seattle all along. It is nothing new.

Bookings are not open. All that is listed in the rez systems are the dates and itinerary.

Mercury has been doing Friday departures from Seattle all along. It is nothing new.

Bookings are not open. All that is listed in the rez systems are the dates and itinerary.

By any chance, can someone post the 1-way itineraries & ships from Seward to Vancouver leaving the first 2 weekends in July?

I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

thanks for the info....

I guess I didn't look at the departure "day of week" closely enough. I prefer a Sunday departure, so that we can fly out on Sat. and stay overnight.

Hi Everyone !

Is anyone else getting that uncomfortable feeling, that the 2007/2008 schedules are going to be more of the same old, same old from Celebrity ? I keep hoping not... but from what we have seen so far.... much of it is similar to the 2006/2007 schedule.

On the other hand, maybe I am just getting antsy. :)

Celebrity and RCI must figure out a way to come out with their schedules SOONER !!!. Several of the other lines schedules are out already, and I have to imagine they are losing business, being later than their competition.

Andy,

Year in year out, the Alaska and European itineraries never have more than some subtle changes. This year is no exception. It the Caribbean where they need to change. I have heard some rumors of some big changes for RCCL, let's see if X follows suit.

Andy,

Year in year out, the Alaska and European itineraries never have more than some subtle changes. This year is no exception. It the Caribbean where they need to change. I have heard some rumors of some big changes for RCCL, let's see if X follows suit.

Hi Rick !

Yes, RCI made some very big changes. Some of which I thought were good ideas, and some not so good. If you would like to see the details, you can click here.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/RCI_Deployment_Release/RCI_Deployment_Release.pdf

RCI has the luxury to make these changes, as their fleet is so much bigger than Celebrity. It makes changes, and redeployments easier to happen for RCI over Celebrity.

As for Celebrity, and the Caribbean... I do not know what to expect with the new schedules. I was not thrilled at all with the 2005/2006 Caribbean schedule. With all the changes that Celebrity made throughout the past year (especially with Century), I dont think Celebrity was happy with it either.

While I feel the 2006/2007 schedule is improved, I still feel it leaves a great deal to be desired. While I understand the need for shorter sailings, I am still not thrilled with Century doing short sailings, especially as she is being upgraded. I cant see the logic of putting a freshly upgraded ship, on itineraries where she is sure to be used much harder. I would have had another ship, like Zenith or another C-Class ship do the shorter sailings. Perhaps that will happen for 2007/2008. We will see.

Now, it is time for the 2007/2008 schedules. The big question is, do they play it safe, and will it be more of the same ? Or, do they get agressive, and Celebrity gets creative, and adds new ports and itineraries. Personally, I hope they get agressive, and make some changes. We should know in the coming days or weeks. Stay Tuned.

She will do her normal run of 7 night cruises from vancouver beginning May 20 and running through September 2

SUN Vancouver, British Columbia 5:45 PM Docked

MON Inside Passage (Cruising) Docked

TUE Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Tendered

WED Hubbard Glacier (Cruising) 2:00 PM 6:00 PM Docked

THU Juneau, Alaska 7:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

FRI Icy Strait Point, Alaska 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked Tendered

SAT Inside Passage (Cruising) Docked

SUN Vancouver, British Columbia 7:00 AM

May 12

SAT Los Angeles, California 5:00 PM Docked

SUN At Sea Docked

MON San Francisco, California 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

TUE At Sea Docked

WED Seattle, Washington 10:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

THU Victoria, British Columbia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

FRI At Sea Docked

SAT Ketchikan, Alaska 8:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked

SUN Juneau, Alaska 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

MON Skagway, Alaska 8:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

TUE Hubbard Glacier (Cruising) 12:00 PM 6:00 PM Docked

WED Sitka, Alaska 8:00 AM 3:00 PM Docked Tendered

THU At Sea Docked

FRI Vancouver, British Columbia 7:00 AM

This cruise will be followed by the alternating Vacouver/Seward cruises Starting May 25 - September 7

FRI Vancouver, British Columbia 5:45 PM Docked

SUN Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 AM 3:00 PM Docked

MON Juneau, Alaska 8:00 AM 10:00 PM Docked

TUE Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM 8:30 PM Docked

WED Icy Strait Point, Alaska 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Tendered

THU Hubbard Glacier (Cruising) 7:00 AM 11:00 AM Docked

FRI Seward, Alaska 3:00 AM

FRI Seward, Alaska 9:00 PM Docked

SAT Hubbard Glacier (Cruising) 2:00 PM 6:00 PM Docked

SUN Juneau, Alaska 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

MON Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM 8:30 PM Docked

TUE Icy Strait Point, Alaska 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked Tendered

WED Ketchikan, Alaska 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked Tendered

THU Inside Passage (Cruising) Docked

FRI Vancouver, British Columbia 7:00 AM

September 14

FRI Vancouver, British Columbia 5:45 PM Docked

SUN Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 AM 2:00 PM Docked

MON Skagway, Alaska 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

TUE Hubbard Glacier (Cruising) 7:00 AM 11:00 AM Docked

WED Juneau, Alaska 7:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

THU Sitka, Alaska 9:00 AM 3:00 PM Docked Tendered

FRI Inside Passage (Cruising) Docked

SAT Victoria, British Columbia 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

SUN Seattle, Washington 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

MON At Sea Docked

TUE San Francisco, California 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

WED At Sea Docked

THU Catalina Island, California 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Tendered

FRI San Diego, California 7:00 AM

The stop in BC is to satisfy the Jones Act, have to have a foreign port.

I'm familiar with the Jones Act but I'm confused by the one-hour stop, too. I have not been to Prince Rupert so maybe there is nothing to do there, but if there is you'll miss it on that itinerary because there won't even be time to get off the ship. Most required foreign port calls I've seen (e.g., Victoria, Prince Rupert, etc) are at least a few hours in length.

I would write to Celebrity to inquire but I don't think I'd get much of a response.

I'm familiar with the Jones Act but I'm confused by the one-hour stop, too. I have not been to Prince Rupert so maybe there is nothing to do there, but if there is you'll miss it on that itinerary because there won't even be time to get off the ship. Most required foreign port calls I've seen (e.g., Victoria, Prince Rupert, etc) are at least a few hours in length.

I would write to Celebrity to inquire but I don't think I'd get much of a response.

They don't stop to let off passengers, just to satisfy the Act. If you notice X's Hawaii cruises, they stop in Ensenada for just an hour to satify the Act.

Thanks for the updates. For the Summit's 7-day itinerary - no Sitka this year? In 2006, the northbound goes to Sitka and the southbound to Ketchikan - beginning on Saturdays.

On the Infinity - no 12-day cruises from San Francisco in early May?

I find in interesting both Mercury and Summit are doing Friday departures.

Hi Rick !

I didnt notice that. I would think that the Friday departure might be difficult for some. I wonder why they didnt try to have 1 of the 2 ships do another departure day ?

As you said, perhaps some other itineraries will pop up soon.

Thanks, chessbriar!

I know this is the Celebrity board - but do you also have access to Royal Caribbean's Alaska itineraries for 2007? I know that for 2006, Radiance mirrors the Summit's schedule.

Nancy,

I do have access, what are you looking for?

Archived