Mercury CC 1008

greeneg

Hi Ed. I have been in SS 1012 on Mercury just a couple of doors down and will say that we thought the location a good one. There is little passing traffic in the corridor outside as it is a dead end (there is a crew only door to the bridge, but that's it). In addition there is no balcony overhang and I liked that as the cabin was brighter and it was good for sunbathing outside.

If it's a bit rocky, you may find more motion forward and high up, but we had a smooth sailing and felt very little.

Phil

Hi Phil,

We're sailing on the Mercury in sky suite #1015 from May 8-May 19. That's the same location as #1012 but on the port side of the ship. When you say there is no balcony overhang, does that mean that people above can look down on us? UGH...that's one reason why we opted not to get a suite on the sky deck, even though we knew those decks were much larger. It may be great for sunning, but we're on an Alaskan cruise and it sounds like the veranda will be open and much more likely to be even colder than other verandas, plus if it rains we will have no shelter. Is that accurate info? Best to be prepared before we board the ship so we aren't caught completely off-guard. Not much we can do now anyway as all the sky suites have been spoken for on our voyage. Hmmm...not only will we have to wrap up in blankets to sit out there, it sounds like we may need to hold an umbrella, as well. Phoey! We're not prone to sea sickness so being forward on the ship shouldn't be a problem. Now, lack of privacy and shelter on the veranda, that will be a disappointment. However, we'll still make the best of it. Not much choice, I guess.

--Jean & Bob, Racine, Wisconsin

Hi Ed. I have been in SS 1012 on Mercury just a couple of doors down and will say that we thought the location a good one. There is little passing traffic in the corridor outside as it is a dead end (there is a crew only door to the bridge, but that's it). In addition there is no balcony overhang and I liked that as the cabin was brighter and it was good for sunbathing outside.

If it's a bit rocky, you may find more motion forward and high up, but we had a smooth sailing and felt very little.

Phil

Thanks, Phil, that's what I wanted to hear. Neither Gail or I are usually bothered by motion, I was concerned about noise which was why I would rather not be under the buffet or the pool. Not that we spend a huge amount in the cabin....

Archived