Night life?

Avalonpf

Whats the night life like on Victory cruise? I'm goin on the Victory May 7th. What type of stuff can you do late at night? Is there any "clubs" on board, that a lot of people go to at night(10pm+)?

I'm 20 years old and I want to have some fun! which includes alcohol!:)

Victory does have a dance club that usually opens for those 18 + up at 11:00 and goes to around 3:00, depending on the crowd. It also has a piano bar that is pretty popular. However you will not be permitted to drink("drank"). Carnival will not serve anyone under the age of 21 on the day of their embarkation. To enforce the policy, it is encoded onto your Sail & Sign card.

The only people i see wondering the ship in the middle of the night is 13 year olds and an occasional parent looking for their kids.

They are getting very strict with the under 21 drinking, if you think you have to drink to have fun, than drink in the ports, where the drinking age is 18.

Victory does have a dance club that usually opens for those 18 + up at 11:00 and goes to around 3:00, depending on the crowd. It also has a piano bar that is pretty popular. However you will not be permitted to drink("drank"). Carnival will not serve anyone under the age of 21 on the day of their embarkation. To enforce the policy, it is encoded onto your Sail & Sign card.

really? so if i went up to a bar, they would ask me for my Sail & Sign card? I'm going to try and smuggle liquor with me on the ship. And if that doesn't work, my 2 cousins and brother who are 21+ will get me a drink.

really? so if i went up to a bar, they would ask me for my Sail & Sign card? I'm going to try and smuggle liquor with me on the ship. And if that doesn't work, my 2 cousins and brother who are 21+ will get me a drink.

Do you know Derrick? How do you pay for the drink, they don't take cash??? Yup, your sign and sail... which has your age encoded. Just don't get your cousins and brother get caught, they are really cracking down on underage dranking because of several bad incidents and disappearances. They will disembark (throw off the ship) all of you at the Captains discretion.

The nightlife is what you make it, if you get a fun crowd going, they tend to attract more fun people and the next thing you know - instant party. Our Cruise Critic group on the Ecstacy in May has some serious party momentum.... we will be closing the clubs every night.

really? so if i went up to a bar, they would ask me for my Sail & Sign card?

The S&S Card is the only way that you can make purchases on board. It acts as your Cabin Key, Charge Card, and ID all in one. It even has your photo electronically imprinted, so trying to use someone else’s is pointless.

I'm going to try and smuggle liquor with me on the ship. And if that doesn't work, my 2 cousins and brother who are 21+ will get me a drink.

I will not be the one to turn this in to a "smuggling" thread so I will neither condemn nor condone the action. With that being said, you might want to get the "of age" members of the party to do the smuggling. If they get caught, your contraband will just get confiscated. If you get caught, you will likely be put off the ship for breaking the age rule. Carnival does not mess around when it comes to this.

As far as having the "of age" members sneaking you drinks, be very careful. Again, getting caught can end up getting you, and them, put off the ship. If you simply must partake, consider doing your consuming in your cabin.

But as caribbean dreams suggested, you might be best served best by saving your partying for the islands where it is legal.

.... Our Cruise Critic group on the Ecstacy in May has some serious party momentum.... we will be closing the clubs every night.

Why do I not find that hard to believe.... ;) :p :D

(just wish I could be one of them :D )

Do we think Avalon is pulling our legs? HOw could anyone not know that a ship like CArnival has lots of night life? (loved your answer Jolimont!!!)

Second question... who is the 25 yr old responsible for him? He can't be on board with just 21 yr old cousins. Rules say if anyone is under 21 they must have a guardian over 25! MAybe he won't even get on board!

Hope this kid isn't the next highlight on 20-20!

Do we think Avalon is pulling our legs? HOw could anyone not know that a ship like CArnival has lots of night life? (loved your answer Jolimont!!!)

Second question... who is the 25 yr old responsible for him? He can't be on board with just 21 yr old cousins. Rules say if anyone is under 21 they must have a guardian over 25! MAybe he won't even get on board!

Hope this kid isn't the next highlight on 20-20!

I was asking that question for people who are my age. I know theres shows and stuff, but I like the dancing. Like in the clubs downtown!

And to answer your second question, I'm going with family. 3 are above 25 yrs old. Theres 10 of us going. Age range between 16-48. So I can get on the ship:)

I guess I will have to try smuggling it in. Maybe get my brother to do it for me(he's 21). And I will be hitting my room constantly to spike my pepsi's I buy.

Would they still check what I'm drinking, if I never bought liquor at a bar? Can I walk into the club with a glass? I guess if I am too drunk, they will find out I was drinking:)

This is my first cruise, I have no idea what to expect. Thats why these questions may be dumb to some of you.

OK...since you are serious ( sorry I thought otherwise)...

The good news is you have a group to start with. It is more difficult if it were just you and your folks for example. So you can make fun wherever.

And the night life is there for whatever you like. From disco, to Piano Bar (sing along type... and often bawdy).

KArioki can be fun.. believe it or not. Comedians (regular) and mid-night (r-rated), various dance /lounge venues with all sorts of music.. depends on your taste. Sometimes there are deck parties.

As to the drinking, they are strict.. and that will be up to your family to monitor that... or clean up whatever may be!

I can't imagine you won't have fun. Bring some sun-screen for the morinings after passed out on deck.

I suppose you'll be incredibly disapointed as well when you start drinking that Pepsi you bought and find out it's really coke.

Honestly, I can really tell your age what with how adamant you are about smuggling booze and getting drunk. Gain a year or two and the glamour will die down. I sorta find it discouraging how so many young people feel like they need alcohol to have a good time. And, for the record, I'm 23, I do drink, but I don't rely on it for my good time.

Trust me, you'll have PLENTY of fun on your cruise.

~Katy

I suppose you'll be incredibly disapointed as well when you start drinking that Pepsi you bought and find out it's really coke.

Honestly, I can really tell your age what with how adamant you are about smuggling booze and getting drunk. Gain a year or two and the glamour will die down. I sorta find it discouraging how so many young people feel like they need alcohol to have a good time. And, for the record, I'm 23, I do drink, but I don't rely on it for my good time.

Trust me, you'll have PLENTY of fun on your cruise.

~Katy

alcohol = a good time!

my 2 cousins and brother are 21+ and they will be drinking. I don't want to be left out. And when I drink, I have 10x more fun!

alcohol = a good time!

my 2 cousins and brother are 21+ and they will be drinking. I don't want to be left out. And when I drink, I have 10x more fun!

...well, there is obviously not stopping you! Party on dude!

I was asking that question for people who are my age. I know theres shows and stuff, but I like the dancing. Like in the clubs downtown!

And to answer your second question, I'm going with family. 3 are above 25 yrs old. Theres 10 of us going. Age range between 16-48. So I can get on the ship:)

I guess I will have to try smuggling it in. Maybe get my brother to do it for me(he's 21). And I will be hitting my room constantly to spike my pepsi's I buy.

Would they still check what I'm drinking, if I never bought liquor at a bar? Can I walk into the club with a glass? I guess if I am too drunk, they will find out I was drinking:)

This is my first cruise, I have no idea what to expect. Thats why these questions may be dumb to some of you.

You can get caught by, yes being drunk, they could possibly check your glass going into the disco, or if you are partying in your cabin to loud and the neighbors complain. There was a party going on in one of the cabins on a cruise i was on, the drinkers were under age so they booted the whole family off at the next port and they had to find their own way home. Do you really want to risk your family loosing their vacation?

Hvae ur older folks in the group pre order a bottle or two. They have rum, vodka, beer....... I just ordered a bottle of vodka for $40, it will be in my room when I get there, and I won't get in trouble for smuggeling. Bon Voyage Department 1-800-522-7648 only open M-F 9am-5pm EST. They don't list it on the web site but if you call u can pre order. Have fun:D

Hvae ur older folks in the group pre order a bottle or two. They have rum, vodka, beer....... I just ordered a bottle of vodka for $40, it will be in my room when I get there, and I won't get in trouble for smuggeling. Bon Voyage Department 1-800-522-7648 only open M-F 9am-5pm EST. They don't list it on the web site but if you call u can pre order. Have fun:D

How much does it cost to pre-order???

alcohol = a good time!

Are you sure you're 20? You sound like a 12 year old.

Let me say this about your being 20 and drinking on Board, if you want to have a good time and meet women, and party all night, then stay away form the boozes in ecess, 1 or 2 would be ok, but stop there, there are too many single women on board that will just look the other waywhen they see the drunk guy in the bar trying to pick up everything that moves, exspecially if you are young, (and 20,-30 is young). you will be laughed at all cruise by everyone who saw you make a fool of your yourself, and by those that didn't see you but heard about it from everyone else. And there is one on every cruise. trust me I have seen it (and Been it, At least once) many times.

My suggestion to you is what someone already recomended, do your heavey drinking off the ship, there are a number of ports where you can have a great time parting, The Kon tiki in St Thomas for one, and you can come back to the ship as wasted as you want and all they will do is help you back to your cabin. as a side note attach your sail and sign card to you some where so they know what ship and room your in.

I would try to stay sober while on the ship, trust me there is soooo much going on during the day that you would miss, that you would enjoy, if you where hung over or still passed out. that goes for the night life also. I would check out the Disco the first night they normaly have a singles meet and greet.

Capt Bill <<< 23 cruises over the last 15 yrs and learned a lot of lessons.

Let me say this about your being 20 and drinking on Board, if you want to have a good time and meet women, and party all night, then stay away form the boozes in ecess, 1 or 2 would be ok, but stop there, there are too many single women on board that will just look the other waywhen they see the drunk guy in the bar trying to pick up everything that moves, exspecially if you are young, (and 20,-30 is young). you will be laughed at all cruise by everyone who saw you make a fool of your yourself, and by those that didn't see you but heard about it from everyone else. And there is one on every cruise. trust me I have seen it (and Been it, At least once) many times.

My suggestion to you is what someone already recomended, do your heavey drinking off the ship, there are a number of ports where you can have a great time parting, The Kon tiki in St Thomas for one, and you can come back to the ship as wasted as you want and all they will do is help you back to your cabin. as a side note attach your sail and sign card to you some where so they know what ship and room your in.

I would try to stay sober while on the ship, trust me there is soooo much going on during the day that you would miss, that you would enjoy, if you where hung over or still passed out. that goes for the night life also. I would check out the Disco the first night they normaly have a singles meet and greet.

Capt Bill <<< 23 cruises over the last 15 yrs and learned a lot of lessons.

thanks for the tips and heads up......I won't be wasted......I'll be buzzed

ok. how much do you get? 40 ounce?

She said 1 Litre. They had different brands and each one had a different price. from about $40-$65 is what she was rambleing off. $40 is for a Liter of Absolut Vodka... Give them a call. We are not big drinkers and are not out to get drunk. But we are on vacation without the "little one" and might want a drink out on our balcony at night. I don't know how much you can pre order, I just wanted to be able to have a drink without going to a bar to get it. :p

alcohol = a good time!

How sad that you need alcohol to have that much fun.

Ya know, I always thought that people who rely on alcohol to have fun must be pretty boring people.

And I agree, you sound like a 12 year old.

~Katy

Archived