seasick bracelets--where do you find and do they work?

Laurba99

HI-

Have a friend who is about to board a 2 week cruise--Where can you get a bracelet that helps with seasickness? and does it work?

Never tried them but they are available in CVS. I have seen enough of them to make me think that they must work. They work using accupressure, you can read more about them at

http://www.sea-band.com/

We've just bought them in our local chain drugstore, found near the Dramamine and Bonine.

As to whether or not they work, I couldn't say (thankfully, haven't needed them to date). I did put them on my 6 year old DS when on a really, really rough snorkeling trip (in addition to giving him a little bonine, as per his dr's advice), and I TOLD him they worked. Either they DO, or the power of suggestion was enough to keep him feeling fine (when many others - kids and adults alike - were very sick).

HTH!

We found ours at Wal-Mart but they weren't on the shelf. The pharmacy keeps them behind the counter and we had to ask them. They can also order them for you if you need more. I want to say it was about $5- $7, but don't quote me. They put a lot of pressure on the wrist and for me it was uncomfortable at first, but after a while I became used to it!

Hope this helps them!

I found mine at CVS too. I have problems with motion sickness. I wore them throughout our last cruise and only had one day of not feeling well. That was a sea day, we were in the front of the ship playing bingo. I tried using them when I fly, but they don't seem to work as well as they do on the water.

I actually purchased mine while sailing on the Mariner of the Seas and they were 5.99. I really didn't notice any difference except for the fact that they were in my way. I swear by Ginger Root! That was my saving grace on the ship! I just would suggest starting Ginger Root at least 24 hours prior to sailing. Happy sails!

Lauraba99,

They'll work if you think they will work, if you "get my drift". They also look oh so very fashionable as an accessory to your gown on formal night.

Seriously, though, there are lots of different remedies available. If you THINK you'll need one, by all means be prepared. As a last resort, know that the medical facility onboard passes out their own version of seasick pills and in severe cases even has a shot that will get you back on your feet in no time.

Tried them 1st cruise on HAL..didnt work at all..went to cabin..took bonine and 1 hr later was fine..kept taking bonine rest of cruise..tossed those cheap bracelets in trash...PS get generic Bonine..start taking day before cruise.

Never made me sleepy or anything..just made sure I never got queasy again.

Tried them 1st cruise on HAL..didnt work at all..went to cabin..took bonine and 1 hr later was fine..kept taking bonine rest of cruise..tossed those cheap bracelets in trash...PS get generic Bonine..start taking day before cruise.

Never made me sleepy or anything..just made sure I never got queasy again.

I do not think the braclets work. Get the patch that goes behind the ear. Those work the best. However, side affects may include drowsiness, dry mouth, and blurred vission. Ask your doctor if the seasickness patch is right for you. :D

I cruiised 2 years ago- used patch and had severe blurry vision. took off the patch and used nothing- occasionally I would become quesy and I would put the braclets on and the quesiness subsided . this went on for 5 days so I believe they work. Now I just need something to help get my land legs back when I get home!! Leaving july 2 on spirit.

Archived