Teaching Kids Life Lessons

klfrodo

Another thread was talking about kids and some of the dangers lurking out there. I was thinking that maybe we could post things we have done to help our kids learn some of lifes lessons.

Here's mine.

We were taking our daughter and some of her friends on a cruise as a high school graduation present. These young ladies were not very "street smart" and we wanted to talk to them about some things.

My wife and I decided to have a pre-cruise party at the house to discuss the rules we were setting down. One of the rules was NEVER leave your drinks unattended while up dancing or going to the restroom.

To enhance this, my wife would distract one of the girls, and I would slip food coloring into their drink. When they would finally notice the difference, we explained that the food coloring could very well have been a date rape drug and they would never have known.

Most of the girls "Got It"

Hey great, I am sure you are proud and all, but can you at least post this over on the "Family Cruising" forum - definitely more appropriate to discuss over there - even though you may be going on a Carnival Cruise - that is why they setup the other forums.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

...additional note: I am not trying to be rude, but I don't come to the Carnival Cruise Forum to get tips on how to raise my kids or prep them to be safe on cruise ships. Yes, I can skip your post, but by the time I ascertained it was not a subject I was interested in, I had already wasted my time - which is why the great Cruise Critic founders have created all the other forums - regardless of the line you are cruising on...

Archived