Glory family statrooms?

Erinl

I used the past guest code and got upgraded to a family stateroom on the Spa deck. Has anyone stayed in theres before? They have the floor to ceiling windows with a connecting door. What is the difference between a standard ocean view & a family oceanview? Are they bigger than the standard ov cabins? Thanksomuch!:D

http://community.webshots.com/photo/268905447/1268906898065191211vdSnve

http://community.webshots.com/photo/87145531/1087144937040556309bJHbiN

Erin- I must say that I am duly impressed if you were able to get a free upgrade to a cat 6E.

Usualy 6E and 9A are not in the free upgrades.

The cabin sleeps 4 people. The difference is the floor to ceiling window comapred to jsut a small window in an oceanview cabin.

When we were on Valor Jan/05, we were magically upgraded from an IS Guarantee to Spa Deck room #1104. We(2 adults,2kids) found the room very spacious!! Lots of room over by that huge window-we actually stored the suitcases there for easy access!

Sorry I am technologically-challenged so I won't be able to send you a photo;you should be able to find some photos out there of the cabins in cyberspace somewhere!

Also I found the Spa Deck nice and quiet-not many cabins, or traffic noise. And yes, I would think those cabins are bigger than regular OV as they have the extra floorspace that a balcony would have(but in the large window area of course). But I am not an expert-perhaps someone else can give you the precise sq.footage.

I am sure you will enjoy your cabin!

Have a great cruise!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/268905447/1268906898065191211vdSnve

http://community.webshots.com/photo/87145531/1087144937040556309bJHbiN

Erin- I must say that I am duly impressed if you were able to get a free upgrade to a cat 6E.

Usualy 6E and 9A are not in the free upgrades.

The cabin sleeps 4 people. The difference is the floor to ceiling window comapred to jsut a small window in an oceanview cabin.

Yes, I was surprised too! I got the past guest code from CC last week and when I called my PVP he said I qualified for it! I originally had an ocean view guarantee.

DP7 is the code I used to get the upgrade.

That be kewl- I jsut checked a few dates and see I can get upgraded from a 6A- to a 6 B and dont see an upgrade to a 6E.

I do notice on a Balcony itsbook any cat 8 and get the highest available.

Did you get paperwork with the 6E on it?? (keep it in a safe place)

these 6E cabins sell for more then a regular cat 8a guarantee.

(thats why they usually are not in with the free upgrades)

That be kewl- I jsut checked a few dates and see I can get upgraded from a 6A- to a 6 B and dont see an upgrade to a 6E.

Im currently in Guarantee status, is there a place that I can go back and edit in the DP7 code to get some type of upgrade or is it too late?

Fred

Did you get paperwork with the 6E on it?? (keep it in a safe place)

these 6E cabins sell for more then a regular cat 8a guarantee.

(thats why they usually are not in with the free upgrades)

Yes, I have received a confirm. from my PVP with cabin assignments. Im sailing on January 13th but the code isnt valid for all cruises. I was hoping it would be because I wanted to do a 5 day this fall. Oh, well Im happy with what I have!

Im currently in Guarantee status, is there a place that I can go back and edit in the DP7 code to get some type of upgrade or is it too late?

Fred[/quoGo to the CCL website, click on the ship and date your sailing and when it asks for your info give your past guest number and also enter in the code where it says "promo code". THen it should tell you what you can upgrade to if it applies to your sailing. Hope that helps! Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Thanks "Serene56" for posting those pictures. I was wanting to see what the 6E cabins looked like. Amazing view!!!

I will be in one for the June 3rd - 10th sailing on the Triumph. We booked two connecting SPA rooms. Can't wait!!

Debbie from Kentucky

Than

June 10-17 on the Glory! We paid for the upgrade because we used a certificate for base cruise, and then later when 6e became available we upgraded. Really excited about this room!!!

Debbie

I have a question. Is the gym easy access to the spa? In looking at the deckplans, it looks like it is on the same level. Is that correct? Can you access it via the spa? What about the back area where the rooms are?

Around the area of the skylight, is that like a balcony that overlooks the lowever levels, or walls? Just wondering. It is a little hard to imagine the layout the way it looks in the deckplans. Also, I'm hoping the SPA deck is very easy access to the pools and hottubs areas.

Any info is appreciated. A week from today I will be in Maimi getting all ready to board the Triumph. Soooooooooo excited:D !

I have a question. Is the gym easy access to the spa? In looking at the deckplans, it looks like it is on the same level. Is that correct? Can you access it via the spa? What about the back area where the rooms are?

Around the area of the skylight, is that like a balcony that overlooks the lowever levels, or walls? Just wondering. It is a little hard to imagine the layout the way it looks in the deckplans. Also, I'm hoping the SPA deck is very easy access to the pools and hottubs areas.

Any info is appreciated. A week from today I will be in Maimi getting all ready to board the Triumph. Soooooooooo excited:D !

to access to the gym- IF your cabin is 1107 you will walk out your door and turn left - at the elevator/ stair entrance is where you turn to- thats the entrance to the gym/spa area.

these are going to be the only elevators that will get you to your cabin.

(midship elevtors/or forward elevators will not.

Just note that if you take these elevators to and from the promanade deck you can get to where ever you are going.

to get to the pool deck- you take this elevator down to the lido deck then walk back.

My family of four just returned from the Glory last weekend. We stayed on the Spa deck Room 1114. Our room was perfect for us. It was very quiet...we never heard noise from other rooms. The beds were very cozy. Each night the room attendant would draw the curtains down and place a cookie and 4 chocolates on the bed along with a caper for the follow day. The bathroom is small and has a shower, there are glass shelves to place your personal stuff on. There is no need to pack soap or shampoo. There is a soap dispenser filled with Dove shampoo and another with Dove body wash. Loved That!! We had two items that were "misplaced" ( never did find them after several searches throughout the entire cabin) during our stay tho. Both items belonged to my husband and were not expensive or hold much value but were left out on the desk area. I suspect that the assistant to our room stewerd who came in to run the sweeper twice a day had sticky fingers. So...lock up anything of value!

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed on the Spa deck Room 1114. Our room was perfect for us. It was very quiet...we never heard noise from other rooms.

Did you get any deck chair noise from above? I was a little concerned about that. Also, are you able to access the pool area directly from the interior spa deck or do you need to go down to deck 10?

I just booked a 9/9/06 Glory cruise and was put up in a 6E as a free past guest upgrade. I booked thru CCL directly, for what it's worth. Post more pictures if you have em. I found these in-cabin 6E pictures while I was researching the room.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/529127645/1529138554083404902GZQrpD

And this one seemingly from the same photo album of their family stateroom bunk. Yes, I was researching the room and not the girl ;) not that anyone will believe that...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/529127645/1529138349083404902QHjAZa

We ended up with one of these cabins on the Carnival Destiny we were in 1010 which was the farthest front cabin on right side. We heard cables constitently hitting the area above our window which was a pain. The other negative with this room was it tended to stay hot because of sun hiting the huge windows even with the curtains staying shut. The cabins are out of the way and are in quiet area. But if I had to choose that cabin to a balcony I would definitely go for the balcony. As most Balconies are priced cheaper than the 6E. Why I have no clue they are not worth it to me. This is just my opinion after staying in both types of cabins.

Archived