San Juan vs. South Florida on Sep 2nd or 3rd

Guest ogilad

Guest ogilad

Hello,

I'm looking at booking a 7-night cruise on Sept 2 or 3. I'm debating on whether or not I should go through San Juan or Ft. Lauderdale. My main concern is the threat of a possible hurricane affecting my arrival at the port on the day of departure. I know it's impossible to predict the weather but does any have any experience with this and and reccommendation as to what where I should book from?

Thanks

The huricane concern could effect other port equally. Consider, instead, the cost of the cruises, the ports of call, and the cost of getting to San Juan or Ft. Lauderdale. Florida is typically less expensive to fly into.

Then, get yourself some cruise insurance. Here are 16 VERY important things to consider when buying cruise insurance...

There is no way to predict where any given hurricane will go, so I would suggest that you choose the ship and ports you like best. Most cruise ships try to avoid rough weather (your ports of call are not guaranteed). I went out of San Juan in Sep 05 and I am going out of Port Canaveral this year in Sep. I like going in Sept because the prices are quite good then and the weather (barring a hurricane) is usually good and the waters are warm. Actually, I think it might be fun to have to call my boss and say I just couldn't come back to work because I was "stuck" on a cruise ship !!

Archived