Got our documents yesterday; couple of Sprit questions!

Nic'sMama

Well, it'e getting real now, cause we received our documents yesterday!! I am sooo excited!:)

Couple of food questions: I saw the dinner and kids menus that Kathy (thanks!) posted for the main dining rooms and they look pretty good. Do they normally repeat the same menus on each trip? The menus I saw were for the 7 day trip, and we are on the 6 day trip - do they let you know the menus in advance (once you are on board), or do you need to wait until that night to see the menu? We want to make reservations for the specialty restaurants early, and would love to know what day is lobster day in the main dining rooms, etc., before we do.

What about the lunch menus? I don't think I have heard anyone mention lunch, except for Raffles. I would love to have a general idea of what the lunch menus are like. Also, what time is lunch served?

Dumb question, but - Do they have plastic-ware (utensils) readily available on the ship? If they did, I wouldn't have to bring any utensils for my child (18 mos). Also would I have access to a microwave anywhere to heat his milk cups?

I *finally* saw the embarkation time in the tix, and it says that guests may check in at 1 pm for our 4 pm departure. I thought I read a lot of posts from people who arrived earlier, like 11:30 or 12? Hope we can get on that early.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Next to the reception desk is a permanent "reservation" desk for dinners. They have the menus there for the whole week and will show them to you if you ask.

We started boarding at 11:45, but there's no guarantee.

Don't have your other answers. Have a nice cruise.

I don't think they have plastic utensils around. Most ships try to keep waste to a minimum and don't use many disposables.

We were able to board around 11:30 on our two cruises. Then go to your room and pick up your daily, take it with you to lunch in Windows!

Think lunch in Windows was 12-2 but not absolutely sure.

Have a great trip:)!

• 1 month later...
Next to the reception desk is a permanent "reservation" desk for dinners. They have the menus there for the whole week and will show them to you if you ask.

On my Spirit cruise back in February, I was told at the reception desk that they didn't have the menus available for perusal. I was very disappointed since they did have them available on the Star a year ago. I wonder whether they have since made them available on the Spirit.

On my Spirit cruise back in February, I was told at the reception desk that they didn't have the menus available for perusal. I was very disappointed since they did have them available on the Star a year ago. I wonder whether they have since made them available on the Spirit.

John,

I was on the Spirit last week, and right after lunch the first day we went into the atrium where they had tables set up for reservations at the specialty restaurants, and their menus. They also had the menus for the entire week in Windows/Garden room too. That made it easy for us to pick which nights we wanted to eat at which restaurant, and we made all of our reservations at that time.

Hope they keep this system!

Lunch is usually a very nice meal in the dining rooms. I find it so much more relaxing than going to the buffet. They have the usual burgers & fries, but they also have soup, salad, pasta, deluxe hot sandwiches like Cuban sandwiches, Reubens, etc. fish, etc. etc. A great variety.

Another thing lunch in the dining room has over lunch at the buffet is the excellent desserts. I have found that the desserts at the buffet LOOK great, but don't have a lot of flavor. Those in the dining room, on the other hand....YUM.

Favorite lunch main dish: mushroom cream crepe, usually offered on embarkation day

Favorite lunch dessert: coffee toffee parfait (although I do NOT like coffee, figure that one out:p ) Sometimes this was served at dinner, but I was so glad that I happened to be in the dining room when they served it at lunch one week. Honorable mentions: lemon custard with blueberry topping & apple fritters.

They do repeat the menus from week to week. It is not set in stone that the same menu will be on the same day the next week. Things were a bit moved-around from previous weeks on our Spirit cruise. They should be able to tell you onboard what night will be lobster night. It is one of the two "optional formal" nights.

Yes, you should be able to arrive at 11:30 and get right in line. We arrived at 10:30, dropped off our bags with the porters in the parking garage, checked in with no line at about 10:50, waited around for the ship to clear, went through security, and were on as early as possible. You just have to be prepared for the possibility that there may be some delay in clearing the ship for boarding of new passengers. In that case, you would have to wait around much longer than those arriving at 1, but for me it is worth it.

No plastic utensils. No access to microwaves that I remember. For your cabin, you might use the hot water heating feature for the coffee pot. In dining rooms, etc. I bet they will hook you up.

Have a great time on the Spirit!

Archived