any suggestion on excursion with a baby?

magdanie

We took our son on his first cruise when he was 10 months old and stopped in St thomas. We went to Magens Bay and then took the ski ride. The ski ride was nice and there are all kinds of birds at the top that the baby will enjoy watching. You can do any beach excursion they are pretty laid back. I bought the foldable sun cabana and he napped in there. Now that he is 2 and running all over, it is harder to keep an eye on him, however easier in the sence that there is much less to pack then his infant days. I did learn however that most cruise lines will blend up fresh veggies or fruits for the baby to eat. I wish I had known before I went and packed over 30 jars od baby food.

Hope this helps a little and enjoy your cruise!

Loretta

I guess I should have done a search on "carseat" before asking that question.... I found my answers!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

We're taking a day sail with our 2 yr old... Aside from the part where the people snorkle, it seems to be a great excursion for kids. Just bring lots of cover ups and sun screen... We were warned and rewarned about the sun in this area!

Beside the beach, any car/van tour is compatible with a baby if you are bringing a carseat (seat belts may be lacking, so you are always taking a risk.)

If you are bringing a stroller, which is a good idea for the baby's comfort on the ship at dinner and poolside, then shopping can be done right there by the cruise dock at Havensight. You can take the tram up to point pleasant for the view (seems a bit costly for the short ride though.)

In addition to the sunscreen, bring hats for the little ones to avoid heatstroke, and plenty to drink.

Archived