NCL Jewel- Spa facilities

amjdcm

I just got off the Jewel on Sunday (4/16) so here's the latest. If you don't have any services (massage, facial, etc.) you can use the heated tile loungers for $15.00/day or $70.00/week. But included in this price is the hydrotherapy pool (large hot tub with the metal roller bars for lounging on) which is coed and in the same area as the loungers in the "relaxation room". Then of course the lockers are separated by gender and those rooms include a hot tub, sauna (best ever as it has huge windows facing out the bow), steam room and a plunge pool which is a one-person step in, step out, cold water pool. There are plenty of lockers where you will find a robe and towel. Now if you were to sign up for a service this would all be free to use just for that day of service.

How many of the specialty dinning do you have to pay for? From reading the posting on this web page I think 3 (steak house, french and chinese) and I wrong? Is it true that NCL does not make you stand outside for the lifeboat drill? Was the automated system working that allowed you to reserve dinner and shore excursions on your telivision? laudie]I just got off the Jewel on Sunday (4/16) so here's the latest. If you don't have any services (massage, facial, etc.) you can use the heated tile loungers for $15.00/day or $70.00/week. But included in this price is the hydrotherapy pool (large hot tub with the metal roller bars for lounging on) which is coed and in the same area as the loungers in the "relaxation room". Then of course the lockers are separated by gender and those rooms include a hot tub, sauna (best ever as it has huge windows facing out the bow), steam room and a plunge pool which is a one-person step in, step out, cold water pool. There are plenty of lockers where you will find a robe and towel. Now if you were to sign up for a service this would all be free to use just for that day of service.

You are correct about the specialty-surcharge restaurants. I didn't eat at any of them but a friend did and said all 3 were very good but her favorite was LeBistro. The muster drill-oh so easy. We were in a BA on the 10th fl. Our meeting area was Chin Chin restaurant. They took attendance as we walked in. We sat down wearing our lovely vests, listened to the explanation and after about 15 minutes scooted on out. Passengers were great at showing up on time so that made the process quick and painless. Restaurant reservations had to be made at the reception area and excursions at the excursion desk. The automated system is not up yet. We did have a concierge available to us who could have done reservations for us but we didn't want to be tied to eating at specific times. As far as specialty-free restaurants we only ate at Tango's which is Latin-not just Mexican. The mahi mahi was very good, the burrito was not. We tried for Mama's but could never get in. I couldn't be bothered with calling everyday to see if there were any cancellations. We chose to sail with NCL for the freestyle concept. We had no problem eating in the main dining rooms, Tsar's and Azura where you could just walk up and get a table whenever you want. For us that meant anywhere between 7:30-8:30 pm. I didn't want to rush any cocktails up in the Star Bar. There's a very nice, chatty server up there who's great to talk to. After a couple of cosmos we would head down to eat. My three favorite spots on the ship was the spa (I guess you figured that out), the bars, and the promenade for some peace and quiet. I also enjoyed going up to the bridge viewing room on the 11th fl. It's worth a visit.

When is your cruise?

Thank you so much for the information. We are leaving on the 12-17-06 departure. Eastern Caribbean. So what I understand is that you have to make reservations for all of the restaurants (if you want to) but you only have a cover charge at three of them. Did you use the heated tile loungers in the spa? Was there a wait to get to use one? How long do you think a person could realistcaly lie on one before it gets uncomfortable? Can a person regulate the temparature? I was just wondering because I was debating between paying the 15 per day or the 70 per week. How much use did you give the loungers if any?

You are right about the restaurants.

There are only about 8 heated loungers which cannot be regulated by you. I only had to wait a very short time. But I spent that time in the hydrotherapy pool. Once I noticed someone was leaving I hopped on out and grabbed it. I think you'll find it more crowded on sea days. I fell asleep on one for about 20 minutes. I then read for another 20 min. and felt I had enough time on it. I also tried to be considerate when I noticed some people were waiting and thought I really had enough time. I thought I would immediately sign up for the week but glad I didn't. There are many other activities on the ship and since I had a massage one day, I got free use, then I booked 2 services another day (port day specials-also when the spa is less crowded) and got free use once again. The other days I spent doing other things.

You'll really enjoy the spa whatever you decide to do.

Archived