Sally - Supplies for the Kids

spikera

HI Sally, will be coming to Cozumel in August,, please supply a list of what the "kids" can use for school supplies. I know I read, glue sticks, erasers for pens anything else.... sorry Tom the plasma tv won't fit in my suitcase!!

Cheryl

Well, it looks like we'll have about 250 kids this year and we only have about 90 backpacks so far. If every Cruise Critic brought a backpack and dropped it at the minigolf or at Paradise Beach, that sure would be a help! Again, glue sticks, pen erasers, scientific calculators (not basic, we have a million!) and computer diskettes will fill the bill!

Thanks a billion...

Will "gently used" backpacks be useful? Seems like we have a few of those around the house that we could donate. Let us know what else that will fit in our luggage. Tell me a little more about what kids they go to. I was thinking of asking our cruisecritic meet and greet group on the CP to each bring an item, some of them are going to Paradise Beach. (That way we could recognize each other on board by our package of glue sticks!)

The Cozumel Chrysalis Groups supports children from less fortunate families by providing school uniforms, shoes and school supplies. For high school students, inscription fees and book fees are also paid. Chrysalis helped 186 students in the 2003-2004 school year that is just ending. The list for next year was just finalized yesterday and includes 276 students. Some of these students will move off the island over the summer, some will not pass the test to get into high school, so we anticipate a final number close to 250.

Gently used backpacks are fine, broken zippers and fraying edges are not. We want these kids to look like any other student at their school. Chrysalis collects cash donations and school supplies from island visitors all year long. The current NEED LIST includes glue sticks, scientific calculators, ink erasers and backpacks. Also, some schools are requiring blank computer diskettes. Other items can be purchased here if we still need them. Please no more pencils! We have a billion!

Thank you so much in advance for you generous donations!

Sally Hurwitch

Cozumel Chrysalis Group

Just a reminder to everyone that I will accept donations here at PB. If I'm not around to accept them personally, just mark TOM on the package, and give it to one of the bartenders. Ill make sure it gets to Sally!

Spikera...thanx for trying!

TexEm...see ya soon!

No problemo,,, I was wondering what happened to you.. we haven't seen any posts for awhile!!!

Remember it will be a code RED for margaritas on August 19th... you may need to call extra bartenders on staff for the day!!

See ya then!

Cheryl

Archived