Elite program changes: no free internet!!

C 2 C

I wonder if long term plans are to do away with Celebrity altogether?? It is so sad to see things getting worse each year. I can't rid myself of the feeling that these guys from Miami are trying to see how much they can reduce,save or do away with and still get the Rates they want without the majority of repeat passengers looking elsewhere. I think we need to rethink how we fill in our Rating forms at the end of the cruise. We need to stop worring about waiters and cabin stewards who might be getting into trouble and rather think about what we don't like - so instead of saying we enjoyed the cruise on an overall basis. We need to start saying BUT where is this, and why was this change or why do we nolonger see this.. I saw myself do this the last time too so I went ahead and added a separate page where I pointed such things out. If we all start pointing things like that out we might cause some of the pennypinchers to at least think about it.

Silver

On their 10th cruise, members will be awarded a Silver membership pin

and will receive a $400 shipboard credit per stateroom plus complimentary

gratuities on cruises 10 through 14.

Now that would be something to work towards!!!!!! That could save upwards of $600.00 on a 12 day cruise and Celebrity is worried about 10 minutes of internet. Thats gotta make you wonder where their priorities lie.

This is off the subject some but we were booked on the Summit to Hawaii and I came down with Influenza and my husband came down with pneumonia one week before our cruise. Celebrity had our money but we were not able the go on the cruise. When I called about our points that would have put us in the Elite catagory they said we could not get our 3 points. One for CC class, one for length of cruise and one for the cruise. I feel as long as they collected the entire amount of the cruise why not give us the perks.

It's not fair at all but from my experience its standard practice. For example with airlines frequent flyer programs if you buy a ticket but don't use it for whatever reason you won't get the miles or points.

And FYI that free bingo 3 pak is JUST one sheet for the last game of the session (blackout) for any session except the final big payout one, it is not for all the games of the session.

Arno, thought I'd catch you here. I guess I just can't estimate well, I had some Jack Daniels left when I finished the cruise on Fri, but no one to give it to. Now you know the ship right? Your booking girl onboard says "Hi" back.

Two items of interest: you missed the absolute best cruise staff person I've ever encountered, she was a substitute for just a few cruises, she was the crew's activity director (who knew they had one) and came to the top of the ship to substitute.

Second, your battle of the sexes friend (remember R.) was fired! Seems she had a public fight with her boyfriend below deck, prompting an alcohol breath test. I guess they have a low limit and can test crew at any time. She was put off the ship at the next port, just like a troubling passenger and left to find her own way home. Wow!

What A Joke Or Insult Rewards?? On Celebrity-ha

I Was On Princess Sapphire Last Week With Unlimited Internet Access, And Perks Unlimited Almost Any And Everything You Can Think Of They Beat You To It!! They Treat You Royaly For Being Loyal. The Way It Should Be.

Mm

Thought this press release from 2002 would be of interest ""Celebrity’s Captain’s Club program has always been designed to thank our members for their loyalty; our expanded program takes our commitment to them to the next level," said Ares Michaelides, senior vice president of Marketing and Brand Planning for Celebrity Cruises. "The enhanced program includes a number of exclusive benefits for our repeat guests, all designed to offer added convenience, value and personal attention."

I was trying to find the Captain's Club email address this AM and, after 10 minutes of searching, gave up. On the contact us section of the CC drop down menu, it indicates that you can either call or email but doesn't give the email address.

Perhaps if a large number - all of us!! - flooded the elusive email box with statements of concern and examples of what other 'frequent sailor' programs offer we'd get a response.

We're sailing on X in July but are seriously considering other lines for future cruises after being confirmed Xers for a long time. The interesting thing to me is the number of X cruisers who are switching to RCL thus rewarding 'the mother ship'.

Archived