Smooth Sailing

MamaMicki

Hello all,

I have been on several cruises in the Caribbean and our last was on Carnival. We have been on HAL, Princess, and RCCL. We have never had any problems with rough seas until our last cruise. My questions are when are the smoothest times to sail? I know Hurricane season isn't, but are there rougher times besides then. Also, which line has the best stabilization. In the past we have cruised in June, March, and December. We never had a problem. We sailed in January this last time, and had a really rough time. I just wondered if it was a fluke or if January has rough seas in the Caribbean.Thanks for your time. Take Care!!

we love to cruise the western caribbean, it is smoother than the mean ol atlantic for sure! but not if there is a storm of course. or the southern caribbean islands seem to be much smoother. we have sailed out of port canaveral several times and it was very rough in april, oct wasnt to bad....til the ship listed on the starboard side around the bahamas!!! whew this was wild. goin west in may, we always compare with the atlantic.

Archived