Sea Princess/ P & O Oceana double booked???

hollyanna

I think I am correct in assuming that Sea Princess is the very same as Oceana which is P & O (borrowed I believe by its sister company during summer months?). I have been on Oceana last year from Southampton on a short 3 night taster cruise and it was fabulous! More about that later.........

I have booked again for 15th April 2007 for 7 nights from Southampton, going to Spain, France and Portugal which should be fabulous, I have even booked a mini-suite for my husband and kids as a surprise! I am slightly worried though as on looking at Princess's website, and looking at Sea Princess's itinarys, they very worryingly have her down as embarking on a 14 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton trip (setting off Saturday 14th April 2007) and also a 21 day cruise from Barbados to Southampton starting 7th April 2007??? Is it me, or do all three cruises clash??? I would appreciate any help in this matter>!!!!! Dont forget, I go from Southampton 15th April!

Back to ship, I think it is fabulous. I have been on Disney Wonder to the Bahamas before which was magical and luxurious but I have to say, Oceana (Sea Princess) was stunning in every way. On the mini-cruises they put on a "New Years Eve Party" even though it is June! and it felt more like a New Year party than I have ever experienced! (bed at 4am!!)All the officers came to join us in the nightclub in uniform until the end!The service was impecable. The waiting staff treated you like royalty(I was only in an outside cabin by the way on this cruise) and you never had to go to a bar, as soon as you were seated, a waiter approached you for drinks and the drinks were cheap!

Food in restaurant (Adriatic) not into sitting with same people night after night, as m,uch as I am sociable and I am sure they are lovely. WE ate the last two nights in the "select dining" restaurant called the Plaza. It was TOP NOTCH!!!. WE were seated (two of us, myself and a girlfriend)by the window looking onto the ocean. We had three waiting staff, one for water, one for wine and one for food! One of the best fillet steaks I have ever had and only £6.50 additional cover charge. Well recommended.

Sorry to waffle on...... any tips on the mini-suite on Oceana/Sea Princess would be much appreciated also.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hollyanna

Disney WOnder August 2003

Oceana (P & O) September 2005

Oriana (P & O) due to go on 21st June 2006 (mini-cruise again with my friend to Holland and Belgium... cannot wait)

Legend of the Seas due to go end of August to Europe 2006

Oceana booked for 2007

Close, but not quite.

Sea Princess became Adonia with P&O, but is now back with Princess as Sea Princess.

Ocean Princess became Oceana with P&O, and is still in the P&O fleet as such.

So no double booking there!

Also, the advertised Sea Princess cruises have to be looked at in this context: The ship is doing 14-night cycles, touching Barbados and Fort Lauderdale 7 days apart. You can book 14-night cruises starting in Barbados or in Fort Lauderdale. The Barbados departures are mostly marketed to the UK; the Fort Lauderdale departures are marketed more to the US. What you're seeing is the last 7-night hop from Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, and then the 14-night trans-Atlantic to Southampton. You can either do the trans-Atlantic on its own, or add the first bit to make a 21-night cruise. I dare say that you could also (if you wished) do a 28-night cruise: the full 14-night cycle ex-Fort Lauderdale on 31 March 2007, followed by the full 14-night trans-Atlantic.

Just got off Oceana. They are "twins" but completely different ships. Oceana is permanently with P & O whereas Sea Princess used to be Adonia.It sounds as though we have done a similar itinery. We called at Vigo, Lisbon, La Rochelle and Brest & had a lovely time - although weather in France was freezing!!!!

Marge M

Archived