About the Spirit

old faithful

Hello All,

I just got back from the Spirit 4/9 ~ 4/16/06 ... to be honest I have not been reading these boards as often ... I wanted to write a review but I was just so relaxed that I have not gotten around to it ...

I remember worring about all of the negative posts from Nov - feb ... then the posts became more positive as my cruise approached ......

Then I went on my cruise ... and afterwards I read a post that stated that people seem to be more willing to write/vent/blast their feelings when things are negative ... I thought that was a valid statement and decided to throw out my $.02 ... here goes ...

The Spirit was GREAT - the crusie was excellent - One thing that sticks in my mind is how hard the staff worked ... I never saw anyone just standing around or sitting at all ... I could always find someone cleaning - wiping the bottom of chairs or the molding on the bottom of the wall in a hallway - everyone was moving and working and just doing a great job... leaving out of NY was easy - fun and highly enjoyable

The food was great - some might think it fancy - but the items that are alwasy available were great - the service was top notch and I have very little of complain about - 7 days seems too short - bingo cost too much - I didn't win the free cruise or $17,000 ...

I had a cabin with a balcony - some people think you are never in the cabin so you should save some cash and get and inside cabin - well not I - I do not think there is anything better than being in a cabin with the ocean right outside - opening the door for the breeze and enjoying nature - the only problem was the wind tunnel that can SLAM the cabin door shut if the balcony door is open when you open the cabin door lol - my cabin was on deck 10 mid ship - it was a great location - the stewart did a great job and the room was clean and always had ice ... room service had great coffe and it came fast .... the staff was friendly and proffesional - Julie the Cruise director was not the funniest person but she seemed to have a good heart and worked hard .....

Now I just might be an easy going guy - I took my mom on her first cruise for her 75th birthday - it was grand - she still cannot believe it .... we have a picture of the Spirit on the kitchen table and we talk about "going up on deck" or to "Cagney's" as if we were still on board ... Our biggest discussion is where to go next year - Spirit is only 6 days - dawn is 10 .... we just might go to Miami for the Jewel .... we loved NCL's freestlye

All said and done - we made this vacation the vacation of a lifetime but NCL was a HUGE part of it - The Spirit ROCKS :D

Old Faithful

Thanks for the review!!! Glad to hear you had such a great time :) We are leaving on Sunday and we also have deck 10 balcony (and inside stateroom across hall). Were you port or starboard side.....I hope we have the same great cabin stewart as you!!!

LOL on having balcony door and cabin door open at same time....many times we have "cleared the room" instantly by this method :rolleyes: and I agree, once you have a balcony, you can never go back!! Welcome back!

Sue

[quote

All said and done - we made this vacation the vacation of a lifetime but NCL was a HUGE part of it - The Spirit ROCKS :D Old Faithful

Absolutely wonderful review. It is so nice to know that you enjoyed the Spirit so very much - we did too

We also were on deck 10, and found it to be just the right spot.

How Very Refreshing!! I can feel the "Spirit" through your words!

Thanks A Lot!!:) :)

Archived