Serenade of the Seas

Our friends just sailed for their honeymoon on March 4th. We have watched their digital photos on their superwide screen tv and I gotta say... I WANNA GO... The Ship, the service, they said was wonderful. The photos of the ship they got are gorgeous!! They did do dinner one nite in Chops and it was fabulous.. The itinerary-again, beautiful beaches, landscapes-and the WATER COLOR... I WANNA GO NOW..

They said the pool area-not crowded, just right...no problems getting seats...

their cabin was an end one of the bump --great location, great views.

They were seated at a table of 10 for dinner, and only one nite did another couple show up..so every nite they sat in a different spot!!

Looks to me like you will love this ship/trip!!

Kathy

Sheffie, I see that you used silvermoon as your tour in Barbados. I am considering them. Do you do any snorkeling or is it the turtles mostly? Is it worth the cost? What time did the tour leave & what time did you get back to the ship?

Sheffie, I see that you used silvermoon as your tour in Barbados. I am considering them. Do you do any snorkeling or is it the turtles mostly? Is it worth the cost? What time did the tour leave & what time did you get back to the ship?

We did this as well, we spent an even amount of time with the turtles and snorkeling. Our tour left at 10:30 and we got back to the ship around 4pm (this includes the time waiting for the shuttle back to the ship from the cruise terminal building). This tour is definitely worth every penny. My best friend says it was the highlight of our Serenade cruise.

I had to check out your photos. :D It looks like you had a great time as well, and I have some of the same photo shots!

Here is our website- www.jlfcruise06.dell.shutterfly.com. There is a folder for each island, the ship, and one for just the midnight buffet. I am still working on my scrapbook but I took over 400 photos, so it will be awhile!

It really was an awesome ship and cruise.

From 7 night southern itineraryon Serenade. Everyone in our group of 7 liked this cruise better then our Mariner western cruise last year. The itinerary is fantastic! The Montserrat volcano at night was very impressive - the crew said that the volcanic activity was the most they had seen. And the cruise by the Pitons - wow!

The ship is beautiful and the atmosphere was very relaxed. Despite the fact that it was Easter week, the ship did not seem crowded.

I want to go back!!!!!!

The stop at the turtles was the first snorkeling stop. We then went to where there are a couple of boats that are wrecked and a reef for more snorkeling. Then we sailed over to a nice area where we anchored for lunch. There we just swam around.

Is it worth the cost? In my opinion - Definitely! It was such a great day!

I think we went down to meet them at about 10:30. I don't remember for sure when we returned, but our paperwork says 4. I didn't feel rushed at all getting back to the ship. They dropped us off right back at the pier area.

Also booked the Serenade for Alaska 2007, sailing just a few short weeks before Herb. This thread has made me feel confident that we picked the right ship. We haven't been on Radiance class and DH doesn't like to fly - so the drive to Vancouver should be totally worth it!! I even got up before 5am this morning to be sure that we got the coveted 9256! I have read nothing but good things about this ship!

Archived