Water Slide

That last photo certainly makes it look like there is speed. I just remember on the destiny running crashing at the bottom, and making a huge splash...I have nothing booked for a spirit class ship, but I can't imagine what it would be like. I am certainly trying the splendor class ship. I will be scared, but it should be fun. Hey, with many scared people, the line will be short!

I just hope there aren't any problems with the slide, especially the one out on the sea!

I would try the slide that goes out over the ocean. But then again, I always like to the little daring things like that. You know roller coasters where you drop straight down, stand up, etc. The slide would be a great thrill IMHO.

I would think there would be parking problems with this new slide though...they need a slide that starts at the top and makes it down to the bottom of the ship, and that goes through the ship. The slide should be clear too...Or, the slide should run on the side of the ship, in front of balconies! That would be a cool obstructed view.

What about water shoes or aqua socks?

When my 11 & 6 yr old first walked up the stairs on day 1 (after waiting months and so looking forward to going down the water slide) the attendant told my six year old he was too short - maybe an 1/8th of an inch .. he had to walk down the stairs and he was crying and so embarrassed.

I walked him back up and told the attendant he had been swimming since he was 8 months old in our swimming pool and has been to Schitterbahn and every water park imaginable and there was no way he wasn't going on this slide.

If I needed to go with him or go first or he needed to wear a lifejacket or whatever needed to happen, he was going down. The attendant said okay no problem.. he never had a problem the next six days even when the attendants all changed shifts.. no one said a word.

Just something to keep in mind in case this happens ... of course, if your kid can't swim, please don't chance it.

Will a 6 year old be able to do the slide on the Paradise? How deep is the pool? Thanks.

I think the pool is about 3.5 ft deep. The paradise slide empties into a salt water pool. I would certainly be waiting at the bottom for your child. I think the minimum height requirement is either 42 or 48 inches.

I'm sure one of those two nubmers makes the difference for you, I just can't remember which one.

What about water shoes or aqua socks?

When my 11 & 6 yr old first walked up the stairs on day 1 (after waiting months and so looking forward to going down the water slide) the attendant told my six year old he was too short - maybe an 1/8th of an inch .. he had to walk down the stairs and he was crying and so embarrassed.

I walked him back up and told the attendant he had been swimming since he was 8 months old in our swimming pool and has been to Schitterbahn and every water park imaginable and there was no way he wasn't going on this slide.

If I needed to go with him or go first or he needed to wear a lifejacket or whatever needed to happen, he was going down. The attendant said okay no problem.. he never had a problem the next six days even when the attendants all changed shifts.. no one said a word.

Just something to keep in mind in case this happens ... of course, if your kid can't swim, please don't chance it.

Aside from Holiday and Fantasy class ships, I would think even if you dont' know how to swim, you should be able to go down it. Those end if a tough. So, if someone was drowning (which I don't know how you do in a tough, but it can happen) it would be common sense to pull yourself out of the water...The trough is maybe 1 ft...maybe less

Thanks so much for your answers! I think I read that it is 42 inches so she will be able to go and she can swim. We were at the Disneyland Hotel and she went on that slide about a 100 times but the lifeguard made her do a swim test first.

Thanks for the tip about the shoes too! I will surely pack her water shoes although we are doing the Paradise in May and I doubt it will be hot. She wants me to pack her wetsuit! We take it everywhere with us now because the heated pools are never really warm.

The pictures look so fun! Heck, even I may have to try the slide a time or two if I can stand the cold pool.

Thanks so much for your answers! I think I read that it is 42 inches so she will be able to go and she can swim. We were at the Disneyland Hotel and she went on that slide about a 100 times but the lifeguard made her do a swim test first.

Thanks for the tip about the shoes too! I will surely pack her water shoes although we are doing the Paradise in May and I doubt it will be hot. She wants me to pack her wetsuit! We take it everywhere with us now because the heated pools are never really warm.

The pictures look so fun! Heck, even I may have to try the slide a time or two if I can stand the cold pool.

Keep in mind, the paradise slide is a little bit smaller than the slides posted about the valor.

They are below

paradise.jpg.8d4ee4967b1645c82c2c3bb9fa16c1fb.jpg

Definately Miracle! But not while sitting. You must lay on your back.

Ah, not so, grasshopper. The Valor slide was definitely faster than the Miracle was in March. Many people, even on their backs, were stopping about 2/3 of the way down. I don't know if they cut back on the water volume or not, but it didn't matter if you were a kid or a big'un, you weren't going to make it the whole way without a pushoff.

Mark T

LOL--Are they going to replace the slide on the miracle? I thought they were having problems with people who hit the end of the trough.

No way you can hit the end. The slide stops about 8 feet from the end of the trough, and it drops off into a 2 foot deep well where the drain and steps are. Also, the Miracle slide is very slow.

Mark T

I tried the slide on my last cruise on the Glory. I am 52 years YOUNG.. and I had a BLAST!! Sunglasses stayed on, flip-flops in hands, crossed across my chest. DEFINITELY wear them.. it is HOT! I tried stepping in the previous wet footsteps, but they sure do dry fast. :-)

Enjoy it, it's a blast. And, honestly.. I never thought to tip! lol

Karen

Does anyone know hours of operation for the slides?

Seems to vary with ships. The Valor last year was open each sea day and as soon as we left ports. Fairly long hours. The Miracle was open only when Camp Carnival was closed after lunch for an hour or so this March. The Camp Carnival people were the ones that ran it on the Miracle, but not on the Valor. That is probably why the shorter hours.

Mark T

Ah, not so, grasshopper. The Valor slide was definitely faster than the Miracle was in March. Many people, even on their backs, were stopping about 2/3 of the way down. I don't know if they cut back on the water volume or not, but it didn't matter if you were a kid or a big'un, you weren't going to make it the whole way without a pushoff.

Mark T

The Miracle can cruise at 22 knots while the Valor can cruise at 21 knots. So it would seem the Miracle slide is actually faster.

The Miracle can cruise at 22 knots while the Valor can cruise at 21 knots. So it would seem the Miracle slide is actually faster.

But...if the Valor is sailing at 21 knots and you slide at 3 knots while the Miracle sails at 22 knots and you slide at only 1 knot, wouldn't that then make the Valor slide faster?

Mark T

P.S. the permutations of this are already starting to make my head hurt, so I'm going to leave the other options alone.

I would try the slide that goes out over the ocean. But then again, I always like to the little daring things like that. You know roller coasters where you drop straight down, stand up, etc. The slide would be a great thrill IMHO.

For some reason, visions of the coasters at Bush Gardens in Tampa comes to mind :eek: ........... Love those rides !!!!

Archived