Anyone been Diving in Costa Maya?

ngl116

I will be traveling to Costa Maya for the first time on October with my dive buddy (hubby). We want to dive while we are there, but I have not found much on the internet for diving, and Carnival does not offer a diving shore excursion. I have found an operation through http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/

but they don't say if they are PADI or NAUI approved or anything. If anyone can make any suggestions I would appreciate it!

We used Dreamtime and have also heard great feedback about Maya Palms. Princess contracts through Dreamtime, but I had decided to use them prior to finding that out. You have the advantage of booking on your own which should cost you about $75 for a 2 tank dive....about half what we paid on Princess. You'll have to take cabs into Majahual for both operations. You should enjoy diving there and who knows, you might get to dive an area no one else has. There are finding new dive sites all the time. I have a quicktime video of one of our dives there on our homepage. Will take about a minute to load depending on your connection speed.

Mike

http://www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

I will be traveling to Costa Maya for the first time on October with my dive buddy (hubby). We want to dive while we are there, but I have not found much on the internet for diving, and Carnival does not offer a diving shore excursion. I have found an operation through http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/

but they don't say if they are PADI or NAUI approved or anything. If anyone can make any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Costamayacruiseexcursions is just a tour broker, not a dive operator.

I would recommend you book direct with Maya Palms. I dove there on a recent trip and it was great. About a $15 cab ride along a funky sand road with little shacks on the beach. The food is excellent, good service, and you'll have the place practically to yourself. $75 for a 2 tank dive, more if you need equipment, and $10 for lunch. If you want some beer for your cabin, have the driver stop at one of the little stores along the road on the way back because they will charge you $12 for a six-pack of Dos Equis at the cruise terminal stores.

Archived