Magica May 5 to NYC and Europe

orf

:cool: Are there any fellow cruisers from The Villages on this message board?

My DH and myself are not from the Villages, but are from So. Fl., we will be cruising from Ft. Lauderdale to NY. We booked some of our shore excursions today through our TA. Maybe we should organize a departing party on the 5th someplace on the ship? Will anyone drink to that!

Would be nice if everyone that has posed on this message board to meet at some location outside where there is a bar area. Just looked at a diagram of the ship, Giotto deck#9, aft pool area, there is a bar & grill, (no name mentioned), not sure if this is an outside bar or inside, seems to be a good location to gather for a embarkment gathering. Last year we went on the Brilliance of the Seas (transatlantic) and for that cruise we all met at an outside bar, they have a "mix & mingle" that the cruise line does. One of the passengers made up name tags, and where your from. There must have been about 30 of us, it was a nice way to meet people that you'll be seeing for the next 17 days. The ship leaves port at 9:00pm, 8:30 would be a good time to meet. Maybe someone knows the Magica better than myself can recommend a nice place to meet.

• 2 weeks later...

We finally received our travel documents today. Off to a poor start. Legendary Journeys allows only one suitcase per person on the bus to the port. My wife is very upset. That is not much clothes for a trip of 23 days. I will not be wearing my tux for formal nights.

We are booked for other tours with Legendry Journeys, but will probably cancel.

We finally received our travel documents today. Off to a poor start. Legendary Journeys allows only one suitcase per person on the bus to the port. My wife is very upset. That is not much clothes for a trip of 23 days. I will not be wearing my tux for formal nights.

We are booked for other tours with Legendry Journeys, but will probably cancel.

We also got our doc's today, I was surprised that only one suitcase was allowed, I only have one, but it is the largest one they allow on the plane coming back to the states. I just made it on the weight limit of 50LBS. We booked three tours with Legendary Journeys, not sure which ones we'll book with Costa once we are on the ship.

We haven't received our docs yet, but I can't imagine 1 suitcase per person for a trip like this. It's hard enuf to deal with the 50 pounds limit per case. If all goes well we will join y'all in the aft bar for a departing drink on the Giotto deck. Alice and Jerry

We haven't received our docs yet, but I can't imagine 1 suitcase per person for a trip like this. It's hard enuf to deal with the 50 pounds limit per case. If all goes well we will join y'all in the aft bar for a departing drink on the Giotto deck. Alice and Jerry

When you get your doc's check to see if they have you staying at the hotel in Copenhagen for three nights, I think it is just a typing error, they have us leaving the hotel on the 24th. Our plane tickets are correct, flying out on the 23rd. Maybe should call them tomorrow and get that corrected. We have 28 passengers on the bus to Ft. Lauderdale, the bus picks us up at 8:15 AM Friday morning in West Palm Beach, then it just has another stop in Boca. We also didn't get tags to put on our bags for when we board the ship, maybe this line does it at the baggage drop-off. just have to wait and see.

Sounds good at the Bar on the Giotto deck, What time?

Bea

I can't imagine that Legendary Journeys receives much repeat business with a ridiculous limit of 1 suitcase per person on their shuttles. Especially on a 16 day TA. I would skip their shuttle and spend $15 for a taxi to the Port. I guess cruisers like their luggage because it was weird seeing the taxi-vans towing trailers to haul the passengers bags. I'd say L.G. has this limit to ensure that they can fit all PAX and bags on the bus. People book these transfers in advance for peace of mind, thinking everything is taken care of, only to find out too late that there is a better way. You might sit in a hot bus for an hour waiting for them to round everybody up and load their 1 meager bag. Live and learn, we're here to help.

We finally received our docs about an hour ago. There were no tags for Costa only tags for air. The hotel voucher does show 3 nights, but our air is also for Tuesday May 23, so I guess that's a typo.

This luggage thing is a problem, but we'll have to deal with it. I called L J this morning and they said one big bag and then a carryon which will fit in the over head area, plus of course your purse or whatever personal thing. Our bus has 42 people on it and we are the last to be picked up at 9:45. Guess we'll be in the back of the bus. See you Friday, we'll plan to meet on the Giotto deck bar by 8:30 at least. See y'all then, Alice

We finally received our docs about an hour ago. There were no tags for Costa only tags for air. The hotel voucher does show 3 nights, but our air is also for Tuesday May 23, so I guess that's a typo.

This luggage thing is a problem, but we'll have to deal with it. I called L J this morning and they said one big bag and then a carryon which will fit in the over head area, plus of course your purse or whatever personal thing. Our bus has 42 people on it and we are the last to be picked up at 9:45. Guess we'll be in the back of the bus. See you Friday, we'll plan to meet on the Giotto deck bar by 8:30 at least. See y'all then, Alice

Glad you got your doc's, its amazing how much you can put in your carryon, I'll manage somehow! See you folks Friday, 8:30 sounds good, we have a late seating for dinner, so hope the time doesn't interfer with meeting you all.

Bea

I imagine that because we aren't sailing until 9 pm that dinner will be open seating the first night. We asked for early seating but haven't heard for sure. Our docs just say first seating requested. One more thing for L J.

BFN Alice

Archived