CB - Bringing Hangers and Coffeemakers?

CrusinAgain

About to start to pack for the trip finally and need to know if I should bring extra hangers. I know on our last trip on the Carnival Miracle I was thankful to bring them since there definitely was not enough provided for 7 days worth of clothing x 2 people.

Also, as far as bringing a small coffeemaker, do you generally bring your own creme, sugar, etc. or just get it from the beverage area on the Lido deck. And from what I have read it seems to be okay with Princess to bring a coffeemaker but not with Carnival. Any problems or advice anyone?:)

There are some hangers on board, but I find them not enough. I tend to pack our clothes still on the hangers, so I can just unpack and hang.

That's an interesting idea. Can you give me an idea on how you do this? For example a shirt on the hanger....do you just take the shirt and fold the sleeves inwards and then fold it in half? I had never thought of doing this. And you are talking about a regular suitcase and not a garment carrier right?

Never had a hanger problem on Princess, we just ask for more if we need them and the room steward brings them to us. But, as said above, we have now started packing clothes on hangers and then placing them in garment bags folded three times. Makes unpacking and packing much faster and easier.

We always take our own coffee maker with us, even did it on Carnival a few years ago without a problem. If I couldn't take coffee, I would probably stop cruising as neither of us can stand ships coffee.

We were on the CB in March and had dozens of hangers in our room - plenty enough for the clothes of four people for a week! We didn't have a need but I've heard that if you do want more, you can always ask your room steward to bring some.

Do people really bring coffee makers with them while cruising? We found the coffee at the Lobby Bar to be wonderful - I don't know why anyone would go to the trouble of bringing one to make their own!

Have fun on your trip!

Do people really bring coffee makers with them while cruising? We found the coffee at the Lobby Bar to be wonderful - I don't know why anyone would go to the trouble of bringing one to make their own!

Have fun on your trip!

Well unfortunately, I confess. I am a coffee addict. :)

I am one of those who must have coffee first thing upon getting up to start functioning. Once I have had a couple cups, I am good to go. But, I only drink coffee before or during breakfast.

Carnival confiscated my coffeemaker on our last trip saying the electricity is different on the ship but I see Princess people don't have a problem. It wasn't easy getting room service to deliver coffee right when I wanted it.

We do it with regular suitcase. We lay the bottom of the clothes on one side of the luggage and fold again when it comes to an end. I do this with a stack of clothes all together. Then I can just grab the hangers and hung on the pole.

Wow...okay...I'm going to try this. It sounds like a breeze unpacking this way. Must get done within minutes! Thanks for info. :)

Wonderful suggestions.

I read of a cruiser who said that he brings the items straight from the cleaners, in the plastic, folds the clothing, then is ready to hang them when arriving at his cabin. The plastic keeps the items from wrinkling badly, and they are already on hangers.

What type of coffee maker is easily packed, which does not take up excessive amount of room? I could be interested in this, if it would work for us.

Thanks

Never have had a problem with hangers with Princess. Although I do also keep my dresses on hangers packed into the garment bag.

Not a coffee drinker at all, so no issue with the coffee maker.

I did however always bring diet coke with me, until the soda stickers started up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they clamped down on any kind of heating elements brought on board, coffee makers, irons, etc. because of the Star Princess fire.

I'm not a coffee- holic and don't understand why anyone would go to the trouble of bringing their own pot aboard.

Usually bring too many clothes and always have to ask for more hangers . Never had a problem .

Even though I hate the coffee on Princess I have never been tempted to bring a coffeemaker . I think that is when my better half will draw the line . I try and stick to tea for my caffeine fix .

We are just back from Caribbean Princess and wish we had taken some extra hangers with us. We did take a small coffee maker with us and just took sugar packets from the Horizon court but they do not have packet creamer available. Creamer is kept in a thermos container by the coffee dispensers.

I pack all of my items that need to be on hangers in my garment bag, each one in a plastic cleaner's bag. When we get to our stateroom, I just take them out of the bag and hang them up, still in the plastic. For any incidentals that need to be hung I use the hangers in the closet. We have never had to ask for more hangers - there are always plenty and we have them left over so put them up on a shelf in the closet.:)

This has to be a joke about bringing a coffee maker.

Here we go again.

NOPE, not a joke. We started out with a small 'one cup at a time' coffeemaker and graduated to a '4 cuper'. DH said he would not cruise again if he had to drink that nasty stuff they call coffee that is served onboard.

We just leave ours behind for the room steward when we disembark the ship. I usually buy them on sale at Christmas time enough to last through all our booked cruises that year. Not worth carting home. But well worth the effort to take it with us.

We are just back from Caribbean Princess and wish we had taken some extra hangers with us. We did take a small coffee maker with us and just took sugar packets from the Horizon court but they do not have packet creamer available. Creamer is kept in a thermos container by the coffee dispensers.

Thanks so much for letting me know about the sugar and creme. I was picturing those little liquid creme packets to put in the fridge from the Horizon court, but now I know to bring some creme. And I will definitely bring the extra hangers since I am going to learn to pack the clothes on the hangers now.

Plastic cleaner bags are the way to go. It keeps wrinkling at a minimum (as long as you cover similar sized clothing). To keep weight down transfer your hangups from those heavy plastic and wood hangers to dry cleaner hangers (those little white wire hangers). The ship's hangers are nice but you'll still have to swap them out for your original hangers when the dreaded "last night" arrives :( .

Packed the coffee maker a few years ago but soon found it was not worth the hassle. Princess has upgraded their coffee and creme (real cream now) so you shouldn't need it. :)

There are plenty of hangers in each cabin. More than we could use for a week. If more are needed, your cabin steward can obtain them for you.

Call for coffee whenever you want and room service will be there with it in no time. They don't deliver specialty coffees. But regular or decaf with cream & sugar, no problem.

When they say they'll be there in 5 minutes, they mean it. Be prepared to open the door and let them in fairly quickly.

This has to be a joke about bringing a coffee maker.

Ummmm...what makes you say this? Do you bring any type of beverages aboard?

Only true coffee lovers will understand anyway that love to have the first cup of coffee right away upon awakening on the balcony at sunrise. ;)

Doubt you would want to see me running up to the Horizon court right after waking up.:eek:

Call for coffee whenever you want and room service will be there with it in no time. They don't deliver specialty coffees. But regular or decaf with cream & sugar, no problem.

When they say they'll be there in 5 minutes, they mean it. Be prepared to open the door and let them in fairly quickly.

Well I'm glad that service is offered, but they do get behind schedule and it isn't the same as having it right away. Also, it tastes more like colored water than coffee. I do know the last day is pretty iffy if you get it at all. Some ships you don't and some are just way behind in deliveries.

and had no problem getting extra hangers from our cabin steward. I use to pack extra hangers but found that I could use the room in the suitcase for other things.

As to the coffee maker...I have taken one with us on the past two cruises: one on Princess and one on Royal Caribbean. We bought a one cup coffee maker for about $12.00 at an outlet store. It takes up just a small amount of space in our carry-on and we find it to be well worth the extra effort. I'm an early riser (4:00am-not by choice) and am not about to go up to the buffet for coffee by myself at that hour. Besides, then I'd have to do something with my hair, as it looks like a dozen feathers when I wake up. No way, no how am I going to go wandering the halls looking like a chicken!

If you like "good coffee" as soon as you wake up, like me.....bring your own coffeepot. I took a 4 cup pot on our cruise and left it for our attendant. I also brought my own jar of coffeemate. I only drink coffee in the morning, but when I get up at 5:00 am (always) I want my coffee right then! Also, I tried the coffee on board and did not like it at all! Took my clothes on hangers.....makes it so easy to unpack and less wrinkles. Hope you have a great cruise!

There are some hangers on board, but I find them not enough.
Have you tried asking for more? Your steward will bring you as many as you need or want. IMHO, it's silly to pack or bring hangers since you can always get more.

We're coffee lovers who grind coffee beans for every pot we make. We will order room service breakfast with 2 carafes of coffee each and every morning on the Crown. We will relax on our balcony and ease into our mornings. If we need coffee before room service arrives, believe me, DH will find coffee and bring it back to the cabin.

We will also have our espresso and cappucino from the patisserie daily. If decaf cappucino is served after dinner in the anytime diningrooms, we'll order it there.

No, on our first Princess cruise on the Crown, we will not be bringing extra hangers or a coffeemaker. Our steward will gladly provide as many hangers as we need. ;)

Only true coffee lovers will understand anyway that love to have the first cup of coffee right away upon awakening on the balcony at sunrise. ;)

Archived