What is your favorite food on X?

tuggers

Thanks Paula for the advice...

I'm only border-line Celiac, therefore I can have a couple slices of bread yet I know I'll break out with acne and get a bit more tired than usual, so I try to stick to rices, corns and oats - and of course lots of beef, lamb, fruits and veggies! So I've been rather fortunate to have never had too much trouble aboard ships...

;)

First of all there is an appetizer at lunch - a tuna tartlet that has a small scoop of tuna in a pastry shell on top a thin layer of sliced cucumbers! To die for. Then, the mushroom soup. Also, the Mohr Im Hemd dessert! We loved it so much last time that we asked the Maitre D what lunch it would be served only to find out that on the Horizon 7 day Bermuda cruise, they didn't serve it! But then they suprised us by making it for us special. They called our room at about 10PM and said "Our dessert was ready" (we didn't have aany idea what was happening). They delivered the Mohr Im Hemd warm to our room in all it's delicious chocolate splendor. THAT"S why I love Celebrity!

We've got to stop this! I leave on Friday & right now I want to have EVERYTHING that's been mentioned! Well, except for veal, I don't really care for that. I also love those tuna tartlets and how could I forget the mushroom soup!

Terri

Gee, Arno......was it the shrimp or the caviar that you enjoyed on our sailing of Feb 13th. Just kidding, but X put on a good spread for us (cabin party) on our next to the last sea day.

X puts out so many wonderful dishes, it's hard to pick just one or two.

Rick

FOIS GRAS and chocolate souffle.

i tasted the fois gras for the first time in my life...now im hooked! had it 4 times last cruise!

*sweet*

I have to ask, do they serve foie gras on every ship? I'm on the Infinity in July and I LOVE it!!! No, tuggers, I'm not an animal lover ;) , obviously if I like it that much, at least not a big goose lover:rolleyes: . Anyways, my DH is a chef and I eat all sorts of things people won't even think about trying like sweetbreads. And no, I'm not talking banana bread here ;) :D !

This thread has be chomping at the bit (no pun intended) to get on that ship! The goat cheese souffle is only available in the specialty restaurant, correct? We are of course dining there at least one night but I just want to make sure I don't miss it. My DH makes a mean goat cheese souffle!

cstorm: you can only get the fois gras at the specialty restaurant (and this was the constellation..not sure if its on the infinity)...sorry but now you will have to choose between the goat cheese souffle or the fois gras(or go more than once or share between you and hubby)

the filet mignon with truffle sauce was amazing too!

*sweet*

Okay, Linda, you are going to have to explain that one!

What kind of toast, how was it made, what made it exceptional, etc.

Inquiring minds want to know!:D

It was a thick, yellow bread with a slightly sweetish taste that you just toasted in the provided toaster. I don't know what it was about it, but I try to stay away from bread and just couldn't resist this. I either had it with Blackberry Jam or with fried eggs every morning.

best Foods

1) Breadsticks And Butter 2)bacon On Breakfast Buffet 3)french Fries At Grill 4)chocolate Deserts

When I Try To Be Healhty Ay Lunch And Fix A Salad There Is Always Somebody Carving Something Delicous.i Also Enjoy The Beef And Fish Dishes,but The Breadsticks And Butter Are Addictive!!!!!

Another vote for foie gras. We had it in the SS United States Restaurant on Infinity. (CStorm, I highly recommend it.)

Lisa63,

Don't worry, I will definitely be ordering it. DH can get the souffle and I can taste his ;) !

All of the cold fruit soups. I've loved them since I was a kid and can't find them very many places...yummy. And on the Millennium - the goat cheese souffle and the scallops entree in the Olympic restaurant. And, Linda, thanks for reminding me about the bread on the Xpedition....it was great - plain and toasted. I think it's an Ecuadorian recipe. Boy am I hungry!

Okay, can somebody please explain what a "Mohr Im Hemd"? If I'm going to be coveting it for the next 13 days, I figure I should at least know what it is!:D
It is honestly like Quest. If we told you, we would have to...well you know.

You just have to experience it for yourself. You also need to request it through your Assistant Maitre'D.

Okay, can somebody please explain what a "Mohr Im Hemd"? If I'm going to be coveting it for the next 13 days, I figure I should at least know what it is!:D

Looking it up on a search it says Austrian Chocolate Almond Pudding. Here's a picture of one. I don't know if it's the same as the one on Celebrity ships..:).

http://home.columbus.rr.com/conable/Eisenstadt%202004/Mohr_im_Hemd.html

Diana

Can anyone tell me if X have stir-fry stations aboard their ships?

I need to watch my gluten intake, so any suggestions for non-wheat food items would be very much appreciated.

[/size][/font]

I need to avoid carbs, especially wheat. I have fibromyalgia and with other treatments I have realized per doctors advice that these are foods i need to avoid. There are some GREAT, ABSOLUTEY GREAT food items chocked full of wheat UGH !!!!

BUT, there are also tons of great items to eat,and still feeled not only satisfied but extremely happy.

I agree with all the suggestions above. Make sure to check out the spa cafe- not only what they have out but the small sign as to what they cook to order. Wonderful !!

Sushi, in the evening.

Ask for a cooked vege platter with your dinners- very nice.

And if you arent sure about certain foos and if there is gluten in it ASK. They will be more then happy to help you

Enjoy your cruise

Nadine

The Goat Chese Souffle........then there's the goat cheese souffle....then there's the goat cheese soufle !!!!:) :) :)

M&M's

I agree the Goat Cheese Souffle is great - BUT if you love this you need to go to the Eiffle Tower Restaurant in Las Vegas and try their Blue Cheese Souffle - IT IS THE BEST THING WE HAVE EVERY EATEN -

Archived