Bringing wine onboard

Just got off the Serenade and this is what I experienced: if you had alcohol out in the open (i.e. carried in the wine/liquor boxes) they confiscated them. If you simply put them in your beach bag etc. and put them through x-ray, they said nothing. We came back with beer and bottles and I just put them in my bag before I got to the terminal. Not a word was said. All 6 of us traveling together did this at different times and nothing was taken. My seapass was still 5 pages long though... :confused:

Enjoy!

We are cruising with RCCL for the first time in September on the Grandeur. We are regular Celebrity cruisers but find the price of their drinks are incredably high. What we usually do is take a bottle of something and make mixed drinks in our cabin before dinner. We always have a bar bill but it is so nice just to be able to pour one in your cabin. Can you tell me what "Just for You" actually is? I tried to do a search but came up with nothing. Also, does anyone know where I can get a list of mixed drinks and wine as served in the lounges. I have to say we did a cruise on Princess last year and it really opened our eyes as their drinks were very reasonably priced.

We brought 6 bottles of our local champagne all the way from home in our checked baggage. No problem. Paid $10 corkage in Portofinos on our anniversary for one of the bottles. Putting champagne (or "sparkling wine") into a mouthwash bottle just wouldn't have been the same! We still spent plenty for drinks on the ship!

We don't drink alcohol- but brought on 2 bottles on non-acl wine, which they where kind enough to cork for free at Chops... (yes- non-acl has a cork) we packed in checked luggage as everyone here said to- could have been alc wine, too, and no one said anything!

Mariner of the Seas, April 2, we had a sort of large soft sided cooler. We were in Orlando before the cruise and had about 9 left over beers, some small bottles of Magaritas, Baileys and mini wine bottles in the cooler with ice. It was delivered to our room with the luggage. We mostly had it for drinks on our balcony and in port. Port days our room attendant put extra ice in our cooler bag. We had a very large bar tab - sea pass bill. Coco Loco's are great with or without rum. They did not confiscate my Guavaberry liquor from St. Martin and I carried it on in the store's bright yellow bag.

My wife drinks wine and so do I, but I prefer scotch. Do you think they will let this "pass" through in the checked bags?

Probably. What have you got to lose? Even if they take it, you'll get it back at the end of the cruise. Sure wish I would have taken more on with me. Would have saved a seapass page or two...:rolleyes:

Corkscrew is not "supposed" to be a problem even in carry-on luggage. We carry one with us all the time.

The only time we ran into a problem was not because of the corkscew.The TSA rep advised us the corkscrew wasn't the problem.... the foil cutter, however, was. Funny thing is, that same opener had been in our carry-on bag for 10 or more flights prior to being taken:)

Just stick a CS in your checked luggage and it will be in your room when your luggage is-- no problems.

Jay

That is what I don't understand. Why wouold they have a problem allowing you to take a bottle of wine you just bought from their on board shop?? This encourages smuggling!

Just want to mention three things. One, the onboard liquor store doesn't sell wine. Two, I have heard of many people ording a bottle of wine through room service. (And once it's in your cabin, it's yours to drink there.) Three, I've heard that you can order a bottle of wine at the Vintages Wine Bar (on the ships that have them) and take it back to your cabin, but I stress that I have no first-hand knowledge of this. (We always bring our wine onboard with us and then pay the corkage fee if we choose to bring a bottle to dinner. BTW, we never "hide" our wine. It's always 1/2 case or less in a wine shipping box that we check at the pier. It's clearly labeled and it's always been delivered to our cabin with the rest of the luggage.:))

beachchick

Archived