QM 2 - April 15-21 TransA Crossing Review

BrooklynChick

Dear Karie,

I'm so very sad to hear about your dad. I hope things are OK.

You know how much all of us love to hear from you.

You are always such a bright light on the horizon.

Thank you so much for your kind words and I wish the best to you and your family.

My sincerest wishes,

Ladymacwilly

PS; Hang in there...for all it's worth...

Most sincerely,

Ladymacwilly

Thank you, "milady!" (Do I curtsey now? <G>)

It's been a rough day. Very stressed. At time, almost paralyzed with indecision. Do I hop the next flight down? Wait until we can spend quality time together? What if... Well, you know. And these new privacy laws. Well, the nurses can't tell me anything unless I have a PIN. Where do I get that Who knows, I think his wife may have it. And I think she is playing coy about it. <sigh>

I'm not sure yet. Since I can't get real medical information, I have to rely on others' opinions. I was hoping maybe to take him on another cruise. Our only previous attempt to cruise together almost ended before it began. He fell flat down a flight of stairs before Marc and I even got to the port! HAL took good care of him, but he didn't feel like doing much, couldn't see too well (may have cracked a sinus and messed up his glasses) and was just miserable- headache, pain, etc. I had so hoped to take him deep sea fishing on the "private island" stop. He didn't even want to come out of he cabin much (Fortunately it was a nice balcony cabin.)

Thanks again for everyone's concern. Hopefully things will work out okay.

On a happier note,

All in all, it sounds like you had a marvelous time on the recent trip. It's been great reading all of these interesting kismet situations-a lot of serendipitous meetings, it seems!

Karie,

Who was most jealous reading everyone's posts!

Karie,

Hope your Dad is doing better. Like you and I have told each other before, "go with your gut". It is working for me in my current situation. Thank you.

Now about those pictures. My question was why make a 5x7 into an 8x10 by adding the QM2 border? I asked for the pictures without the borders especially the embarkation photos and was told it could not be done. As has been said before in these posts, with digital photos anything can be done. That was the first cruise that I did not purchase at least one of the ships picture.

I did however buy the DVD of our cruise, it contained all the highlights and my cousin and I are even in it for 3 seconds.;) Definitely worth the purchase price.

Maria

Karie,

Hope your Dad is doing better. Like you and I have told each other before, "go with your gut". It is working for me in my current situation. Thank you.

Now about those pictures. My question was why make a 5x7 into an 8x10 by adding the QM2 border? I asked for the pictures without the borders especially the embarkation photos and was told it could not be done. As has been said before in these posts, with digital photos anything can be done. That was the first cruise that I did not purchase at least one of the ships picture.

I did however buy the DVD of our cruise, it contained all the highlights and my cousin and I are even in it for 3 seconds.;) Definitely worth the purchase price.

Maria

Good news (I think) first. My Dad was discharged to a rehab hospital today, which is NOT like a nursing home which would have killed him. He never would have accepted that. Dad will be 80 in August. 3 days after Maria turns... um, 30! <G>

Thanks, all for your thoughts! This board helped me through. It gave me smiles and the warm thoughts of friends and strangers, who are simply friends I haven't met (in person) yet!... Well, some are stranger than others! You know who you are! <LOL>

Now about those pictures. On most cruises most of the shots are 5x7s and a few of the formals are 8x10. This time most were 8x10. I think we had only 1 5x7 to choose from. Since they put the formal poses on your personal access through the TV, why can't they let you choose what to have printed? Or give you a choice of 5x7. I don't have enough walls in my house to display all the 8x10s, and people like to make collages of shots, or scrapbooks or send copies to people, for which 8x10s can be a bit pretentious. It makes it look as though you are full of yourself!

I think they are going to price themselves right out of the market. Why would most people pay these prices, when everyone and their mother has a digital camera? Yes, they are wonderful backdrops. (Who is it- the two gents who have the Titanic staicase in every ship they've ever been on? I think that is a hoot!- I never knew that was the Titanic staircase until reading that post! <LOL> I'll bet you could photoshop that in for your next one!)

Archived