May 14 cruise and trouble changing name!

vthokiefan

My wife and I are booked for a cruise to the western carribbean on May 14. We are booked for flights/cruise with her new last name. We were married in another state and having trouble getting her name officially changed here. Every time they tell us what paperwork to get, it takes many weeks to get it then we are told something else. I'm worried we won't be able to get it done before the cruise. Anyone know if cruise lines/airlines can change our bookings to her maiden name? We just got yet another document in and will try again next week to change her name, but you never know!!!

Thanks!

My wife and I are booked for a cruise to the western carribbean on May 14. We are booked for flights/cruise with her new last name. We were married in another state and having trouble getting her name officially changed here. Every time they tell us what paperwork to get, it takes many weeks to get it then we are told something else. I'm worried we won't be able to get it done before the cruise. Anyone know if cruise lines/airlines can change our bookings to her maiden name? We just got yet another document in and will try again next week to change her name, but you never know!!!

Thanks!

If you have a marriage licence bring it.. should be fine

We were told my our DMV and out of state marriage office that our marriage "certificate" was needed for her to have proof of marriage and change her name. We went to DMV and they said we needed the "long form" for the cert not the one we had. So, we had our "long form" sent to us(which took over 4 wks) which is exactly identical to the one we already have with the exception it has a raised seal notory on it. We are going to try again this week...but who knows. So, we have a marriage certificate, signed/notoried by the state and witnesses and priest. It does not, however, have SSN's or parents info on it. If this one doesn't work, the easiest thing will probably be to try changing the reservation info.

Thanks again...

Archived