port canaveral transfers

buldogg69

Just looking to see who people use to get to the port from Orlando. Outside of the Carnival option, I really do not feel like sitting on a bus. Who would you all reccomend, or stay away from?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide

We rented a car from Budget(30 dollars) and drove ourselves to the Raddisson,Cruiseport. We returned the car the next day and walked back to the Raddison(1 block) and then took their shuttle to Port Canaveral. Worked out really well and Budget will have a shuttle bus at the port when you return.

You could also look into Mears transportation. They are really big in the area. Not sure of the cost though. Maybe you could find other people cruising with you and willing to split the cost of a rental?

Another vote for Budget, the only problem I had was getting the car at MCO, too many other people wanted cars from Budget as well. Things in P'Can worked fantastic, and I used the coupons from my Entertainment book to upgrade the car.

Reserve a car rental at the airport for one-way to Port Canaveral. Wnen you turn the car in, they will take you to the ship. Also reserve a one-way back to the airport. They will pick you up at the ship and take you to your car. $30 or so each way. Much better than per person fees on buses, vans and limos.

Just looking to see who people use to get to the port from Orlando. Outside of the Carnival option, I really do not feel like sitting on a bus. Who would you all reccomend, or stay away from?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide

We reserved a Budget car drove to a nice hotel in cocoa beach which is only 10 minutes from the port, returned the car to the port the next morning and shuttled to the ship. It was great especially considering the $$ Mears transport charges you!! Look for discount codes for Budget at www.mousesavers.com :)

We're looking to do this when we take our cruise next February.

I have a question about the Budget shuttle though - someone mentioned it will "be there" at the port on the way back. Is this something that we schedule on the way in? Is there a specific place to wait? We think this is going to be the most economical way for us (there are 5 of us) to go but I don't want to end up having to wait for a shuttle that never shows..... (that happened to a Friend in Miami with National Car rental).

Thanks!

Patty:)

From experience...

Yes, the shuttle(s) are actually there waiting but there are LOTS of cruisers booked too. Many people waiting for the same ride. Thrifty used one van and it filled up instantly. Budget had two vans and had less problem with them filling instantly and Avis was tehre too but I didn't pay much attention to their setup.

I called for Thrifty when we arrived in port. I stood waiting at the spot they said...while watching all the two Budget vans come and go. Finally as the Thrifty van arrived, out of nowhere a dozen people jumped on...no room for me. The driver knew I was the customer who called. He motioned for me to call the office again. I did and they were apologetic...some poeple just jump in and take the seats when they should have waited. So instead of the Kia that I had reserved, they gave me a Lincoln Signature Series Town Car. I had to wait another 30 minutes though which was no fun.

Archived