Uniworld black sea explorer

dinnyd

Been on their cruise from the Black Sea to Amsterdam. If you let the board know your stops, you'll get better help. Shopping in Romania wasn't that great--got better the closer you got to countries with long standing capitalism. Pat

Took Uniworld last October, starting at Bucharest Marriott Hotel then bus to Constanta, then Danube to Budapest. Ship is generally well run. Had one major problem. Their tours are generally good. We had an extremely good young lady for the tours out of Bucharest. Having taken two river cruises in Germany, we were disappointed about the Danube scenery. The only spectacular part was the "Iron Gates" portion lasting about two hours.

If you stay in Bucharest, I hope it is at the Intercontinental Hotel, not the Marriott. We went to Bucharest two days before the Uniworld package, and booked the Intercontinental ourselves for those two nights. It is in the center of the city, is something like 20 stories high, and has tremendous views of the city from the upper story rooms. The hotel staff and service people all seem to want to be helpful. A great hotel. On the other hand the Marriott, which was part of our Uniworld package for the next two nights, was lacking in several respects. The front desk people were OK, but the people at the various hotel restaurants were not. The Marriott is not well located for exploring the city. But if you have to stay there, there are two small stores for beer, wine, and breakfast items nearby. Go out the front door, cross the street, and walk to the right.

We did not want to buy anything in Bucharest. However it is a grand city, with several worthwhile museums. My impression was that they are on the way to recovery from communism.

Budapest is also a great city. We have been there three times. Subway system is very good for the Pest side. If you can, go to the opera. The State Opera is a beautiful building, and the productions are first rate.

I hope I have been of some help.

Bob;)

Archived