Any Couples "ChildFree" out there?

curiouscat

i think that the longer cruises.... ( more expensicve ) are the ones with less children,,, IMO

and i would say we went on celebrity ( mercury ) and there were only about 4 kids on there... i would go for celebrity,,

or just watch the dates.. make sure it isnt spring break, or holidays etc...

happy cruising

melissa

BIG difference, and we Childfreers will be QUITE adament about differentiating between them.

I agree!!! I am "child-free" and also frequent many CF websites.

This is what one of them says about the terminology "child-free vs. child-less":

who.gif We are a group of adults who all share at least one common desire: we do not wish to have children of our own. We are teachers, doctors, business owners, authors, computer experts - you name it. We choose to call ourselves "childfree" rather than "childless," because we feel the term "childless" implies that we're missing something we want - and we aren't.

Anyway, whatever you call it, I am another that loves to cruise without a lot of kids on board!! :) After one mistake of booking an Easter cruise on RCCL a few years ago (there were 800+ kids on board and was the worst cruise I had ever been on!), I try to be selective about booking future cruises.

But nowadays, with so many kids being home-schooled and parents willing to take their kids out of school for fun family trips, you just never know when you will have tons of kids on board. Of course, summer months and holiday sailings, along with shorter cruises, will have more families.

I had heard that 1 ship in the P&O fleet was doing child-free cruises, but I don't have any more info.

This is a great thread and I hope some good info will be posted here!

:)

I always knew that I'd pay a premium for the joy of cruising without kids present (I love my nieces and nephews, but my vacation isn't the place for them or any other children). Then I discovered the gay charters and found, it's well worth it to pay top dollar for no kids. I know that doesn't help any of ya'all, but hopefully cruise lines will get the message and maybe try out some no-minors cruises and see if they are as popular as I suspect they would be. It'd be nice to do a "mixed" cruise again, but I know I don't want to have to deal with the misbehaving children in the future.

I love it...I love it....I love it !

I'm as free as the wind FINALLY...........All my 4 kids are well grown and I have 9 grandkids spread all over the country.

Now my wife and I are WELL DESERVED ALONE AND LOVE IT AND CRUISING !

Princess is our favorite...it"s not kid-less yet that segment of the population is on the low side which I love.

said my peace,

Ciao,

Archived