Short Triumph Review

mac66

Just got off the ship yesterday. Had a great time. The weather was great, the ship was beautiful, the service and food were very good and the crew were very friendly and happy to be there.

Embarkation and debarkation was a nightmare in Miami. But hey, it is Carnival after all and that's something they really suck at.

Sounds like you had a great time.

When we were on the Truimph in March embarkation and debarkation couldn't have been easier.

I find a lot depends on the particular passanger make and how/when they are trying to get on and get off.

I too just got off the ship and it took about an hour from the time we started until we got our bags.Not too bad IMHO.

It was a great cruise and we had an inside cabin which was awesome for getting my 6yr old to sleep(nice and dark).

Food was great, staff were awesome.Weather was spectacular.Jamaica is a dump.With all the money we spend at the port, they should make an effort to have the pier/shopping area at least clean and free of feces.

Booking another cruise this week

I too just got off the ship and it took about an hour from the time we started until we got our bags.Not too bad IMHO.

It was a great cruise and we had an inside cabin which was awesome for getting my 6yr old to sleep(nice and dark).

Food was great, staff were awesome.Weather was spectacular.Jamaica is a dump.With all the money we spend at the port, they should make an effort to have the pier/shopping area at least clean and free of feces.

Booking another cruise this week

I've been in Jamaica before which is why we booked the Cool Runnings boat to the falls. The falls is the only thing worth doing in Jamaica IMO. The party on the boat going back the ship was worth the price alone. Hell of a good party.

Just got off the ship yesterday. Had a great time. The weather was great, the ship was beautiful, the service and food were very good and the crew were very friendly and happy to be there.

Embarkation and debarkation was a nightmare in Miami. But hey, it is Carnival after all and that's something they really suck at.

I was on the Triumph in Jan and getting on was very easy, (skippers club) off was good to. they called by deck so I stayed on the lido and ate.

I was on Her for the 4-8 sailing and I thought Miami was Very easy getting on and off the Ship.

From time we arrived at port and got to Cabin (6207) was 25 to 30 minutes and getting off was around 40 Minutes.:D

Now on Paradise in Long Beach it was crazy and it took over an hour to get on ship.

I kept telling everyone in Miami they should go and train them in Long Beach:eek:

Hats off to Miami Port crew.:D

well getting on the boat was an ok experience, we were so excited about cruising that the line up didn't seem to matter. Getting off was a bit of a pain. We did the self-assist and thought it was a great idea, obviously getting an elevator down to leave the ship was a long wait. Then just before you get to customs and just after customs there are escalators and thus with everyone with luggage that caused a big bottle-neck and thus a long back up.

Overall we had a great time...we love snorkelling in Grand Cayman, we did Moby Dicks tours, they we great. Cozumel was good as well, we shopped mostly, if you go downtown they drop you off at what I would say a designated spot and of course as soon as you get out of the taxi the vendors were waiting, but just a no thanks and they leave you alone. I would certain recommmend La Cinco Soles, I think that is spelled correctly, a great place to shop, about a 10 minute walk once you get dropped off. They have a court yard out back with great foood and cold drinks, definitely the place to shop and have lunch and drinks.

Jamaica,we've been there b 4 so we just stayed went to the beach, right from the ship, obviously they hassle you a bit but a persistant no and they get the idea.

A great cruise was had, food was good, staff was great...only had one problem the late night adult comedy show, at mid-night, one couple brought their son, he was about 13, the comedian noticed him and made a few comments to him and his parents that weren't to bad but who ever that couple was .... you guys need you heads examined, what were you thinking bringing your kid to an adult comedy show at midnight.

We did the Moby Dick stingray city tour in GC. Stingray City is definately a must do. Loved the snorkling on the reef. Next time I am there I am going to spend all day snorkling on the reef if I can work it out.

We rented a jeep and drove to the east side (wild side) of Cozumel. Found a nearly empty bar (Playa Bonita) right on the beach. We drank beer and played in the waves the whole day. There were maybe a dozen other people who came and went throughout the day on the beach! Best day we had in a long time.

BTW, my 78 & 79 year old parents climbed Dunns River Falls and then joined the rum soaked conga line on the boat on the way back. That was pretty amazing!

Hey Mac we did the 9:30 am snorkelling tour, you must have been on the boat.

I agree with you if I could spend the whole day snorkelling I would have...that is all I really wanted to do. The Sting Rays were ok.

I was the guy talking to the captain, Zak, on the way back. Did you walk the beach afterwards, we got off at the Royal Palms, had lunch and drinks there, what a nice spot Grand Cayman is.

I was on Her for the 4-8 sailing and I thought Miami was Very easy getting on and off the Ship.

From time we arrived at port and got to Cabin (6207) was 25 to 30 minutes and getting off was around 40 Minutes

Hi Lakeman,

We were in 6207 the end of February. Boarding was quick; but they dropped the ball at disembarkation -- they had the wheelchair people meet in one place (6207 is a disabled cabin), disembarked some of them, forgot to come back for the rest. Took us forever to find someone to assist. Pretty much everything else was great.

I'm curious as to the ones who said that getting on the boat was not bad, what time did you get there? When is the "really bad times" to avoid? How about getting off the ship? We are spending the day in Miami so can adjust our schedule to whatever seems to work the best.

This will be our first cruise and we are so looking forward to it. I have already prepared my dh that the lines to get on and off might be a long wait.

Anyone in the 8C balconies?

We were in an 8B cabin (cabin 7353) for the 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 children. Plenty of room and very comfortable and clean. We got to the ship at 11:30 and were on board by 12:15.....we were not allowed in our cabins until 1pm. It really went quite smooth and seemed very easy to us. Getting off was a different story (but we had to self disembark) because we had an 11:30am flight back to NY. Ask any questions you'd like! We did Paradise Beach in Cozumel, Stingray City and snokeling in Grand Caymen and Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios. The excursions were all excellent! (By the way, my kids are 12 1/2yr boy and 8yr girl)

If you have the day in Miami, then I would suggest trying to be the last one off the ship, no rush, take you time, have breakfast before you leave. A good time to get on board would be around 12 noon, we did 12 noon last week and found the process went fairly well. I hear around 1-2 pm it gets very busy.

We had a balcony, 8327, a very nice room, only problem was you could here deck chairs being moved around alot....but over all a very nice room, mid-ship, never felt the ship move.

Have a good trip...we had a greta time, and questions, ask away!

Canada

Hey Mac we did the 9:30 am snorkelling tour, you must have been on the boat.

I agree with you if I could spend the whole day snorkelling I would have...that is all I really wanted to do. The Sting Rays were ok.

I was the guy talking to the captain, Zak, on the way back. Did you walk the beach afterwards, we got off at the Royal Palms, had lunch and drinks there, what a nice spot Grand Cayman is.

Yup, we were on that boat. I sat in the bow on the left (big fat guy/white t-shirt) on the way out and pretty much stood in the stairway leading to the head on the way back.

I went back to the ship on the bus. I recall people getting off the bus at the Palms. My brother and his wife got off the bus at 7 mile beach.

The last time we were in GC ( about 12-13 years ago) we snorkled the original stingray city before the sandbar got popular. It was in about 12-20 feet of water. It was more of swim with the stingray thing than just holding them. My understanding is that it is where most of the scuba diving is done. The sandbar thing was nice and I am glad we did it. Next time though, it is back to deeper water and snorkling the whole time.

Actually, next time I might scuba dive there. I am seriously considering getting dive certified.

Yes I think you will hear some noise from the deck above....but the noise comes mostly in the mornings, but not to early. Overall I liked our room.

Where are you staying in Miami....tell you what, if you want email me and I'll answer any questions you have....and I can send you a boat pic or two ...address is ontherock3@hotmail.com

If you have the day in Miami, then I would suggest trying to be the last one off the ship, no rush, take you time, have breakfast before you leave. A good time to get on board would be around 12 noon, we did 12 noon last week and found the process went fairly well. I hear around 1-2 pm it gets very busy.

We had a balcony, 8327, a very nice room, only problem was you could here deck chairs being moved around alot....but over all a very nice room, mid-ship, never felt the ship move.

Have a good trip...we had a greta time, and questions, ask away!

Canada

ok... I'm asking away! lol

I heard something about a late night Pool party, do they have this on the Triumph?

I'm only 15 days away, and I swear I have forgotten everything I wanted to know! lol

Couple of questions if I can ask....

Does the Triump has a movie theater or any screening room? The ship into on travelocity says it does but I can't find in any deck plans.

Along the same lines, does it have the big screen installed out on the lido deck?

Ooops, one more...if anyone had kids in the 12-14 range, is there a dedicated teen 'hangout' room?

Thanks much!!

Sharon

Hi Sharon, We just came off the Triumph on 4/22. I spent a lot of time on the lido deck and did not come across any tv's. As far as I know there is not a screening/movie/tv room, although some of the bars have flat screen tv's (I think used for sports tv tho) Your in room tv shows continuous runs of "recently out" movies. I cruised with my 8yr and 12yr old. My 12yr old did check out the 12-14yr group - very informal, no signing in and out and he spend most of his time in the arcade. We had him checking in with us hourly tho and he didn't spend too much time away, although he did enjoy himself!

Archived