cruise movies

ldadar

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I did a search and couldn't find it. I watched the first part of Gentleman Prefer Blondes last night. I had no idea it took place on a transatlantic crossing. What's your favorite cruise movie?

but my favorite "almost-cruise" movie is Christmas with the Kranks.

Oh Yeah, Fantastic!!!

I plan on doing a holiday cruise, once my daughter no longer "believes" in Santa. I can't imagine trying to hide Santa presents in our luggage. I think it will be a no present (cruise is our present) year that year!

• 2 months later...

Cocktail !!!

It is not really a "cruise movie" per say - but a lot of it takes place in the Carribean. For some reason it always gets me "in the mood" for a Carribean Cruise :) Check it out - it stars Tom Cruise - before he was a weird ego centric maniac who got too famous for his own self!

• 2 weeks later...

I always watch Titanic and The Terminal before I cruise. I know The Terminal doesn't take place on a ship, but whenever I sail, we fly, and I love airports, so I love that flick.

I have got to watch Christmas with the Kranks again. I remember it being alright.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Bitter Moon" could have been, and should have been a much better movie. Big name director, Polanski, Starring Hugh Grant and a very good supporting cast, set on a cruise ship, but what a loser of a movie.

This review from a guy who actually enjoyed (but didn't understand) "Eraserhead"

My favorite is probably a bit off the regular track but it is "Boat Trip" with Cuba Gooding, Jr.

Ron

I totally agree Boat Trip is my fav. So MikeNKim if you are still looking for a great night before you cruise movie watch Boat Trip it is a scream.

Archived