rental car Puerto Rico

Mike_mc

Does any one have a suggestion on a car rental company that I can pick up at the airport and drop off at the pier? Sailing AOS in Jan

We checked and there are no drop off places at the pier in San Juan for rental cars, however we have rented a car from Budget at the airport and you can drop it off at the Normandie Hotel which is in Old San Juan and take a taxi to the pier. According to the hotel the taxi fare is around $10 to get to the pier.

however we have rented a car from Budget at the airport and you can drop it off at the Normandie Hotel which is in Old San Juan and take a taxi to the pier.

The Normandie is not in OSJ, it's between OSJ and Condado. I'd say it's about 2 miles from OSJ.

We rented from Hertz at the airport and choose to return car to Ashford Avenue location. When we rented the car, the confirmation stated to pick this location for cruise ship passengers. The confirmation stated would allow $5 for cab to the pier. When we returned the car, they provided a ride (in the same car we rented) back to the pier. The location was only 5 to 10 minutes away.

We used www.charliecars.com they met us at the airport took us to their rental depot and when we were finished we dropped it of at their other depot in Condado they then took us to the Pan Am pier free of charge.

It's not Hertz i.e no big plush offices, :eek: but then it's not Hertz rates either. Had a car that had done 2000 miles and was happy with the price.:)

Regards

Paul

I strongly recommend Charlie!! Normally I rent at Hertz of other well known companies, but this time I did Charlie. Mainly because of the positive reviews at this board.

Charlie has 3 offices, airport, Isla Verde and San Juan. New cars, no problems at all.

We used Hertz on Ashford and then returned it to the airport. Toured the Island in 3 days after our cruise and they are crazy drivers. Loved the drive to Ponce and the west coast. Good luck

Ed

• 1 month later...

Seems driving in San Juan is a bit wild, I think I will include the car rental insurance, a bit confused about what they offer, I called Charlie and L & M, they both offer two options: $500 decuctiable for $12.95 or $19.95 for nondeductable. The lady said they are full coverage covers everything. $7 is not much so I will go for it. Just wondering, any one has experience or comments regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Archived