SeaSick Babe

peachquilter

In the past I've read several ideas on seasickness and it appeared that Bonine was the best way to go. I told one pill last night (directions say 1-2) just to make sure I could handle the medicine prior to my 5/20 NCL Alaska cruise. WOW!! I literally cannot wake up today. It is not just a case of being groggy. Everytime I sit down I fall asleep. Have any of you had this problem with Bonine? Do any of you have any other suggestions for me?

My mother reacts the same way. If you know you get seasick, take one pill every night before you go to bed. One dose should last for 24 hour. You could try the less drowsy formula dramamine to see if that works better for you (if does for my mom), but I would still advise you to take it at bedtime.

I get sea sick on speed boats, so I understand where you are coming from. The last cruise we were on I took Ginger Root and it worked really well, without the side effects of grogginess. The only downside was I believe it was horse pill, but still... You can find ginger at GNC, and other Natural Food stores. Good Luck!

peachquilter, when looking over my daily compasses from my crusie last year I realized that I had missed an awful lot. I too had taken Bonine and would just pass out in the late afternoon leaving my family to do most of the shows on their own. I had taken Bonine to go on our personal boat and had no problem but it made me horribly sleepy - like drugged - on the ship. But it did work. I never got sick. I will take it again on the cruise in September but I am going to experiment with it before hand to see if taking it at other times is better.

Possibly taking it at bedtime would be better but I was afraid that the pill wouldn't kick in and I would be lying down feeling the ship moving about. Good luck and let us know if you find other remedies.

P.S. Dramamine does nothing to help with my seasickenss.

Is it possible that a smaller dose might be effective enough to stem the sea sickness yet allow you stay conscious? :) Maybe you could experiment with half a pill or even one quarter of a pill.

Just a thought......

I just posted a similiar topic earlier today on the Princess forum!

I have started taking mine in the morning and I too am so sleepy I can hardly function. I'm going to try and take it tomorrow night and see how that does me...I might cut it in half seeing how you are having the drugged up wake up! :D

luv2cworld2000 - Bonine is the same active ingredient as the less drowsy Dramamine.

Archived