PIRATE NIGHT? 7 day magic

jabraun

:) Anyone Know What Night Is The Pirate Night Pool Party? I Want To Make Sure I Do Not Book Nursery That Night For My 2 Year Old. I Want Her To See The Show. That Way I Can Save The Time For Another Day. Thanks Ahead Of Time For The Info

We Are On The 7 Night Magic Western 6/24/06:)

Wake up for immigration? whats that about???

Yep, a nasty surprise. When you arrive in St Thomas early in the morning, everyone, yes that means you too sleepyhead, everyone has to be processed by customs before anyone can be let ashore.

The U.S. Virgin Islands is a U.S. unincorporated territory and therefore when you go to the Virgin Islands from a foreign port, you must clear customs as though you were returning to the US.

I think that everyone has to be up by 6:00 as I remember. I suggested that DCL could make an event out of it and turn it into a pajama party with crew and charachters in pajamas, Mick and Min could wear their "sleepy eyes". They didn't buy off on the idea.

They do however have abundant coffee, tea and danishes available near the check-in area.

The immigration check in is a quick procedure. All you do is show your passport or birth certificate and photo ID for the customs agents. When we did this the theater was 1/3rd full and it still only took 15 minutes from the time we sat down until we were on our way to breakfast.

The times were broke down by who had early excursions were to report first, then a few minutes later those with mid morning excursions reported, then those who had NO excursions reported.

so no worries about getting done and off the ship with your excursion in time.

It was inconvenient, but necessary due to the law. The bad part for us was we had two toddlers with us and had to get them up too. ( 6 a.m.)EVERYONE in your party has to go.

mom x4,grandma x4

Yep, a nasty surprise. When you arrive in St Thomas early in the morning, everyone, yes that means you too sleepyhead, everyone has to be processed by customs before anyone can be let ashore.

The U.S. Virgin Islands is a U.S. unincorporated territory and therefore when you go to the Virgin Islands from a foreign port, you must clear customs as though you were returning to the US.

I think that everyone has to be up by 6:00 as I remember. I suggested that DCL could make an event out of it and turn it into a pajama party with crew and charachters in pajamas, Mick and Min could wear their "sleepy eyes". They didn't buy off on the idea.

They do however have abundant coffee, tea and danishes available near the check-in area.

We had that nasty surprise on another cruise/ship. I remember being in a line & going past customs & they put a sticker on your boarding pass - or you could not get off the ship --sounds like it was easy compared to your adventure. It was also tough considering my DH & DS were not getting off the ship.:rolleyes: Still had to check in

On our western (April 8 -15), Pirate Night was Wednesday (Cozumel) starting at 9:45pm. We noticed that they had changed the party since December - The pirates taking over the ship was demphasized, more characters, they didn't pull 4 or 5 people from the audience to be priates, etc. That being said there seemed to be more of the classic Disney characters (Mickey, MInnie, Chip, Dale). We loved the longer dance number by pirate stitch. Not sure if a 2 yo would like it or not - some 2 yos love fireworks others are freightened. The covered Goofy pool was very crowed but further back there was some preathing space. There is still a lot of dancing and music.

The number one reason I will never take an Eastern cruise!!

The worse part is the waking up early. It really doesn't take much time on any cruise line to go through customs in St Thomas. It doesn't keep me from cruising the Eastern Caribbean.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from a 7 day Western and Pirate Night was Wednesday but the fireworks don't happen until 10:15. My 6 year old barely made it long enough to enjoy it. It might be hard for a 2 year old to last that long.

I thought I had read about everything about the eastern cruise...that lil tidbit must have slipped by me. I'll buy the first coffees, Andy....6:00am, though....geez.

Bill

Ill bring the donuts/pastry

My kids will be a mess that afternoon. Naps will be a must

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I had read about everything about the eastern cruise...that lil tidbit must have slipped by me. I'll buy the first coffees, Andy....6:00am, though....geez.

Bill

Let's see.....I like French Vanilla Coffee with milk & 2 sugars....:)

I'm a Dunkin donuts coffee fanatic....don't suppose we can smuggle some of that on.....

Sorry Danielle.... I dont think DD would be well recieved on board. There is a very good coffee bar on board, though. Lots of specialty coffees and I'm sure more than a few french vanilla concoctions.... That and the coffee station on deck 9. I actually had a request a few mornings ago from the wife...to GO to deck 9 for coffee (yes, she's obsessed too).

Tell ya what... If you and Andy don't like whats on board...I'll hop overboard and swim for the nearest dunkin doughnuts. (I'm really putting a lot of faith in DCL...hope they dont let me down here---the whole Jack and Rose thing just doesn't work for me).

Enjoy!

Bill

Let's see.....I like French Vanilla Coffee with milk & 2 sugars....:)

I'm a Dunkin donuts coffee fanatic....don't suppose we can smuggle some of that on.....

Magic didn't have DD, but they did have Krispy Kreme's . Didn't do the specialty coffees, but the free tea's were outstanding.

Word to note - High tea sells out really fast-1st cruise in 10 that I did not get to do high tea. So book early!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from a 7-day Western Carib. cruise on Magic today. Pirates IN the Caribbean Party was Wednesday, Cozumel night, as vavasmom said. It is quite loud, with lots of dancing and no breathing room (even on Deck 10). It runs quite late, and there's a showing of Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, at the end. There's also a midnight buffet. I'm 16, and I think the DJ had more fun than I did. I left early; I don't know what younger children will think of the party (if they stay awake that long).

Archived