Bodden Tour Review and comments on Roatan

Chad_G

We booked a tour thru Bodden tours about a month ago thru Victor's website (http://www.boddentours.com/tours.htm). Victor confirmed our tour date and was told Ben would be our guide for that day.

Upon arriving at port on the 18th, there was a stand outside the gates that said Bodden tours. A lady was waiting there with a sheet of names on it, including ours. Victor was there and greeted us. He promptly took us to meet Ben. Within minutes we were in an air conditioned car and ready to go.

Our first stop was one of the canopy zip line tours. Sorry to say I don't remember what the name of it was, but Ben said it was the newest one. We were the first one's to arrive and did not have to wait at all. Once the canopy tour was over Ben was waiting for us.

Next stop was the Iguana Farm. Ben took pictures with our camera of us, gave us some more info on the Iguana Farm. At no point did we feel like we were being rushed, it was all very relaxed.

Next stop was Fantasy Island. While we did not go on the beach, we did get to see the exotic animals they have on the grounds. Ben had sugar with him that he gave to us. The small monkeys in the tree's climbed down and literally crawled over us to get to the sugar. I thought it was a nice touch that Ben had that surprise ready for us.

Next stop was Halfmoon Bay. Again, no rush. We stayed an hour while Ben was waiting casually for us. Nice beach too, not that crowded and lots of shade.

Last stop was shopping in Halfmoon Bay. Your normal trinkets were for sale here, but no high pressue salesmen. My wife's the shopper, so I don't do much more then follow around and wait for it to end.

During our drives on the island, Ben answered any questions we had and gave colorful commentary.

So would I use Bodden tours again? Absolutely. Everyone was very nice, they took us wherever we wanted and never rushed. The cost of going with a private tour versus the cruise tour was much cheaper.

Also, at no point on the island did I feel unsafe. The island itself is very beuatiful and the locals were very friendly. The only place where it was hectic was the shopping right outside the port area. It was your standard high pressure sales tactics, but nothing that was really unsafe.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your review. Did you "make" your own tour, or how did it work.

Can you say this is where we want to go and how much will that cost?

Sounds like he is one of the best.:)

How far in advance did you book????

I am happy to hear this..I booked Bodden tours for my trip in July. We dont want the zip line..but want more time at the beaches for snorkeling, we also want to see the Iguana farm and general sightseeing.

From what I can gather, Mr Bodden will make up a tour to your specification.

For those of you who went on the zip line..how long does that take?

We booked through Victor on our cruise in Dec. & we have a great day. Ali showed up around the island & was a really nice guy, as is Victor. They will take you anywhere you want to go or will recommend an itinerary as we did. We were interested in zipline but went to Iguana Farm, Cameo Factory at my request, Half Moon Bay, and many other places. Had a great day and will book with Victor again when we return to Roatan. Roatan's people are very friendly & it is a beautiful island.

Archived