Questions: JUST ReAD?!

morepepper0405

hey im looking to go on a cruise with my parents for thanksgiving which boat & where should i go and when should i book it by? there would be acutally 10 of us going though im 22 and i want my parents to go because well i want them to have a good time but they .. what are some ways i can pursuade them to go on the cruise with me or just to go on a cruise at all thanks!

The sooner you book a cruise, the better the price and the better the selection. If the price goes down prior to your sailing, you can most times get a refund of the difference or an onboard credit. You also get the best selection of cabins. I would go by a local travel agency and pick up a brochure for each of the major cruise lines. Check on the internet for pricing or ask a travel agent to research this for you. Once you have the pricing, that may make a difference on what cruiseline you want to lean towards, and/or what itinerary you are interested in. Once you have all that information together, go to your parents and show them the pricing and the itinerary you are interested in. The cruise brochures show some great photos and maybe they will get excited and want to book once they see what you have put together.

I agree with breenw , go to a T/A and do some brochure searching. The T/A can get you a better rate than going directly thru the cruise company. And do it now.

In talking to the T/A determine what port you want to leave from - the additional cost of air fare can really put a crimp in the trip. Remember, Thanksgiving is the most traveled time of the year.

You may want to find a port that can be driven to, in a reasonable time, or if flying - plan to arrive at the port a day before departure and fly out the day after returning from the cruise.

Many experienced cruisers take the extra time as a matter of course. It avoids any problems from flight delays and you arrive at the ship in a relaxed fashion. Remember - the ship does not wait for you.

Check out the ports of call on this board - it will give you a good feeling about them.

Archived