cabins - QM2

rrunner

You don't say if this is for a crossing or a cruise in the sun. The balconies are great for crossings (sheltered from the wind caused by her great speed and from north atlantic weather) not so good if you want to soak up the sun in private in hot climes. Is the cabin on the port or starboard? Could be inportant on a crossing to make the most of light/warmth.

No view of the endless grey of the north atlantic unless you're standing, no view of that bay/beach/harbor if you're cruising and lying down.

They are private, unlike A grade balconies where your neighbours can lean around the divider. Also, with A grade cabins, you are on display to all on the promenade deck. The balconies are bigger than A grade ones.

The cabins themselves are the same in both A and B grades. Some C grade cabins are bigger inside (some are not). There is a shower but no bath. There is limited storage space in the bathroom.

Location is important. If, unlike me, you're sensitive to the movement of the ship, the B4s at the rear will have less movement than the ones towards the front. However, at present she has 3 working pods and there seems to be a little more vibration at the stern as those 3 try to maintain that high speed.

Look at what you're sited above (look at the plan of deck 3, will there be late night noise? Is my cabin near a laundry, Is it near a stairway/elevator? (further sources of noise). Has it got a connecting door to the cabin next door, great if there are 4 of you, GREAT source of noise if there are just the 2 of you. Is it a long walk to where I intend to spend a lot of my time (for example, on a cruise do I want to spend all my time around the pool area at the stern but my cabin is way forward. Or, I love spending my time in the Libary at the bow but my cabin is at the stern).

Can't think of further points at present, hope this helps.

Pepper.

I concur with Pepper.

The Hull Hole cabin balconies are next to useless for warm weather cruising, I would expect the 11 deck regular balconies are likewise useless on winter North Atlantic voyages.

Avoid interconnecting cabins like the plague.

This topic has been discussed before:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=276891

Archived