28 year old solo traveller

RUBYRUBY

Hi Everyone

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my questions!

I am planning to take a Caribbean Cruise in January 07. I am a 28 year old (very mature) female and I will be travelling solo.

There are 2 cruise lines that most interest me. Royal Caribbean 11 day Southern Caribbean & Celebrity 10 day Southern Caribbean, but as an alternative there are also 7 day Carnival Cruises.

These cruises interest me mostly because of the large number of shore trips. I am coming over from Australia and want to see as much as possible.

I am wondering age wise, what would be the most suitable cruise for me to take. I love people of all ages and am looking to relax most of all. But I would appreciate any suggestions for the most appropriate cruise for me to take.

Regards

Ruby

Howdy Ruby! 04.gif

Welcome to Cruise Critic! 05.gif

There is a Cruise Critic article called Editor's Picks: Best Cruises for Solo Travelers that you might find interesting. Click here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=247

Also, you might want to research the Solo Cruisers Forum. Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! I sincerely hope once you have made your decision about your first cruise, you will have a wonderful time. I feel it will not be your last. You will be hooked on cruising just like the rest of us!!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

You should be fine on any of those cruises, especially if you say you can get along with anyone of any age. Don't choose your cruise by the people you "think" will be on board. We have made some great "older" friends while cruising and have also made some great "younger" friends while cruising. One one cruise we met a couple our age (40 ish) in line to board, another couple (70ish) and a third couple (20ish- honeymooning) and a single gal from Germany (35ish) and we all hit it off and hung around the entire cruise. I was a fabulous time! You just never know who you'll befriend, so don't let the age thing sway your decision. Do the cruise with the Itinerary that you want, as you sound like you want to see a lot of islands and do some shore excrusions. Go with the itinerary that suits you the best!!!!! That's my suggestion.

Mrsfuzzmo

You should be fine on any of those cruises, especially if you say you can get along with anyone of any age. Don't choose your cruise by the people you "think" will be on board. We have made some great "older" friends while cruising and have also made some great "younger" friends while cruising. One one cruise we met a couple our age (40 ish) in line to board, another couple (70ish) and a third couple (20ish- honeymooning) and a single gal from Germany (35ish) and we all hit it off and hung around the entire cruise. I was a fabulous time! You just never know who you'll befriend, so don't let the age thing sway your decision. Do the cruise with the Itinerary that you want, as you sound like you want to see a lot of islands and do some shore excrusions. Go with the itinerary that suits you the best!!!!! That's my suggestion.

Mrsfuzzmo

I am a 28 year old female and I've done 2 solo cruises on Royal Caribbean and can highly recommend that line as a young solo traveler. The staff took wonderful care of me, I met tons of people, and still felt safe.

Archived