Interloper on Pride Mar 2007 crossing!

thulewx

Hi, y'all - This Texas-born, Greenlander-esque weather-guesser just booked the crossing!! :D

After reading this forum and some of the posts that apply to this cruise, I just couldn't resist. It sounds like it'll be great fun...

:confused: Is there a specific thread that everyone's using for this crossing? I have plenty of questions but don't want to be repeating all the mundane previously-asked questions...

Just found out I'm in 103 - looks a bit smaller :( - where's the bathroom;) ?

I've never done Seabourn before but have been on QE2, QM2, RSSC Gauguin, RSSC Voyager, several HAL, Carnivore, OceanBreeze, SeaBreeze, and a few others...

Phil......WELCOME to our "Pride Crossin' Gang!" We have soooo much to look forward to!! As most of us will be flying into Ft. Laud on March 18th and will be enjoying our PRE-dinner fiesta at "Mark's" (March 18th 7:30 pm) pleeeeze make air arrangements if you would like to join us.

As to Suite # 103 Deck 4.......it's very forward, but exactly akin to the other suites. (with the exception of , "no balcony") Close to the guest's laundry room. All suites are very comfortable!

You will NOT need "any certain colored outfits!" Just a black tux for the formal special evenings! And casual attire for our Sky Bar Board Meetings!

Again, welcome and I'm looking forward to meeting and being with YOU for 12 days.......

Amigos Para Siempre! The Seabourn Way!

Martita B.

Thanks, Miss M... Glad to hear about the cabin. I wasn't really worried except that it's so far, late in the evening when one is weaving ;) . I've heard Seabourn service is great - will they carry one back to one's cabin? :rolleyes:

You will NOT need "any certain colored outfits!" Just a black tux for the formal special evenings! And casual attire for our Sky Bar Board Meetings![/QUOTE] - Foo! You mean I can't wear my special all-pink tux that I bought just for your edification on this occasion :p ?

As far as the pre-dinner, I should be driving in to FTL so should be able to make it. By the time of this cruise, I'll be living in Southern Georgia (quite a change from Northern Greenland :eek: ).

A couple other questions, if you don't mind (since you're the expert)...

How many formal nights? On non-formal nights do men always wear sport jackets and the like? Know anyone who needs a trivia master (self-avowed, mind you) on their team?

Phil, as we have not started a new thread as to the Pride March 2007 Crossing, you might want to start one.......can not believe we have already planned many parties and events for March 2007!!!

As to the formal nights, we should have about 5. BUT, do not forget the private parties that are held during our Crossing! I know of about 6, so far, but also feel more will be hosted! Some will be informal! Do you have a Stetson, boots, spurs and six-shooters? Yep......start planning YOUR wardrobe now~~~~Yee-Haw!

Yes, most gentlemen do wear a jacket in the evenings. We certainly do NOT want our dress code to SLIP!

Martita B.

Phil, as we have not started a new thread as to the Pride March 2007 Crossing, you might want to start one.......can not believe we have already planned many parties and events for March 2007!!!

As to the formal nights, we should have about 5. BUT, do not forget the private parties that are held during our Crossing! I know of about 6, so far, but also feel more will be hosted! Some will be informal! Do you have a Stetson, boots, spurs and six-shooters? Yep......start planning YOUR wardrobe now~~~~Yee-Haw!

Yes, most gentlemen do wear a jacket in the evenings. We certainly do NOT want our dress code to SLIP!

Based on the title of this thread, I feel this can serve as the "Official" Pride March 2007 Crossing Thread.

Muchas gracias for the 5 formal night information. On the Legend cross with 10 sea days, we always have 3 formal nights. Now that I know there will be 5, will also pack my white dinner jacket with formal accessories to match as well!

On the elegant casual and casual nights, I prefer to wear jacket and tie. The only exception is the deck BBQ followed by the "Rock The Boat" show. On my first Seabourn cruise, I wore a jacket and tie to the BBQ. I probably sweat off a half of a pound, which is not a bad thing considering how laden my plate was when I left the feeding trough! :D I find that dressing for dinner on Seabourn does wonders for your psyche and your attitude.

Peachy~~~a quote from: Sir Captain Dr. Toenis T. Sorensen, now Honorary Assn. Secretary to the United States Navy,

"Attitude is King!"

As to the Deck Barbeque......we probably will not enjoy this. March Atlantic seas are a 'lit rough. Also, depending on the Cruise Director and Assn's., "Rock and Roll" will be "iffy......." There will be Liar's Club and Name That Tune. Of course, NO ONE hosts these better than Eric DeGrey!!! On our last March Crossing, the CD's and Assn.'s were NEW to Seabourn. Our Cruise Director came from a "Mississippi Paddle Boat," and his Assn.'s seemed a "'lit lost." Hopefully they are all "speed readers and fast learners!" But, the GOOD NEWS is: We have soooo many Guests hosted cocktail parties, dinner's, etc., etc. there's little time in the evenings for much more~~~~I personally enjoy small group gatherings.

If any of you Pride March 2007 Crosser's would like to host a cocktail or dinner party, please just post on CC and "it will be arranged and recorded."

Martita B.

Matt~~~the CD and his assn.'s "kids" tried......but were just too inexperienced! But, when they scheduled their "show" in the Magellan, the last evening after dinner.......then turned up in the Club, where we were all dancing and visiting, stopped the band, AND "performed", it was very unprofessional. What really "got me" was when they "hawked" their CD's.

I never complain about anything.......never~~~but I was disappointed in our Crossing Cruise Director and the entertainment this time.

MB

Martha--Surely Seabourn would not view your comments as complaints, and it is sor the good of the line that you voice your thoughts. If you are less than impressed, think of what a new-to-Seabourn cruiser would think. It is your DUTY to uphold the standards!!! (please)

WinniM

Matt.....to be fair to the CD and the entertainers (?) perhaps we Seabourner's are spoiled! We are use to Eric DeGray, David E., Jan Stearman, Trevor S. and our hilarious Steven!

As (as you know) I had many parties and events during the Crossing....I simply "went about my business" and hosted these without any help or assistance.......The CD was too busy "trying to learn the ropes."

My parties and special events went off as planned.....and I hope everybody had fun and enjoyed them!

Martita

Archived