Anyone know anything about possible itinerary change on Glory Key West stop in May?

gamecockvic

I am booked on Glory on the May 20, 2006 western. It seems that ALL Key West booked shore excursions have been cancelled by Carnival that week. I am advised that it may have something to do with the Navy base using the docking area. Anyone else have any info on this? Carnival tells me a decision will likely be made in early May.

Personally, I like Key West, but I could go for Grand Cayman or Cozumel, although the damage there was the reason we are going to Costa Maya. Any other possibilities? Nassau would be OK, but is not my first or second choice.

Just a little more excitement as we all eagerly await our cruise!

I'm booked on the Glory sailing out on June 3rd and looking online I am only able to view the excursions....no longer able to book anything there. I attempted a short google investigation to see what was going on but I couldn't uncover anything.

Just called Carnival and got the runaround from the PVP, who transferred me to another department (e-distribution?) where a nice woman looked up my booking number and told me that there is most likely an itinerary change (no indication to where) happening that will show up within the week.

Sailing 5/20, btw.

Game: We are on the cruise with you and Key West is the only port we did not do an excursion :) I would not mind missing Key West at all, been there and the lines are horrific! I would not mind Nassau that was nice but NOT Jamaica....keep me posted on what you find out and I will make some calls as well

deb

Sorry Brian

I got the impression that the change, if any, would start with the May 20 sailing. I am making a reasonable guess that they are at least LEANING toward a change or they would not have cancelled booked excursions there.

As for all of us on the May 20 sailing, it certainly gives us something to talk about, dream about a change to our favorite port, and otherwise look forward to our cruise. Heck, I'd be happy if we sailed out into the Atlantic for 3 &1/2 days and turned around and came back! Just put me on a boat! My family is somewhat disappointed about missing the Pirate Museum? What is that all about?

Just got off the phone with my TA. She called Carnival and was told they are considering changing the Key West stop for Cozumel! When to begin this new itinerary is also being considered. Given that shore excursions are cancelled for the May 20 cruise in Key West, it looks like we may be headed for Cozumel after all. I also understand that the beaches are repaired and in good shape there!

Ah dang it, why can't they do that for our cruise.

They cancel Progresso, cancel Cozumel; and now right after us change Key West to Cozumel. Bad timing I suppose. But, Cozumel would be funner than Key West for sure.

Keep your fingers crossed, you may get it yet! Have they cancelled shore excursions on Key West for your cruise? That would be the first clue. We're hoping for you!

So they'll probably change the Glory's 6/03 sailing then too...

I would certainly expect them to. You might check to see if they will allow you to book excursions on Key West. If not, it is likely there will be a change, probably to Cozumel.

Archived