Triumph Questions

JerseyGirlJen

Hi!

I'm doing my first cruise on November 4-11th on the Triumph. Can anyone tell me if the ships are filled or not at this time of year? (I figure not too many families with school kids b/c they're in school and no college kids either for the same reason). Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

JerseyGirl :)

Hi JerseyGirlJen! I'm from South Jersey as well and this will be our third Carnival cruise during the same week and ship as you - Nov 4 on the Triumph! Last year we took the Imagination and the year prior the Fascination. Believe it or not, the cruise is mostly crowded with guess what - people from New Jersey (and lots of other people)!! The ship will not be empty! We've met so many people on the ships who live near us. Our kids are off from school this week and it's a great week to travel as no one else - except people from NJ - are traveling! If you have any other questions, just let me know!

I have sailed on the Miracle during that time frame and the ship was full. I would think that your cruise will also be full or near capacity since Carnival offers some of the lowest prices on a 7 day cruise on the Triumph and Victory. :)

We'll be cruising on the Triumph November 4th too ... and, of course, we're from New Jersey. I hope you will join our roll call. So far, just 2 of us. I would love to get some pen pals for my son who will be 7 when we cruise. We've done that a lot of Disney and it is always more fun when he "knows" some of the kids.

Diane

We have sailed 4 times and always during school time with our kids. I was just on the triumph last Dec. My daughter had lots of friends and seen many kids on the ship. Carnival takes real good care of them. Good shows on the ship and you will have a good time. Even if you have a problem dont let it get to you. Slow down and get it in your mine that your on vacation!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT GET IN A RUSH

Hey - Cruising Again - Just added us to the Nov 4 Triumph Roll Call. Thanx for letting us know about it.

Bet Cat - Triumph Question - is Matt Ross the Cruise Director? He was on our Fascination trip 3 years ago and we got a kick out of him. Heard he went to the Triumph. How is the layout? We're so used to smaller sister ships Fascination and Imagination - afraid to try a bigger layout!!

Thanx - Num

Yes Matt was the CD when we were on the Triumph. There has been a few bad reviews on this board about him. But he is all right. I enjoyed him as a CD. We did the Western Caribbean on the Triumph last Dec. Just getting ready to book the Miracle for Sept. It's been 6 months and i am ready to go again. Just got a good deal for 398.00 a head for 7 days. Dont think i can get any better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to jump in and say that I have sailed on the Triumph twice and loved both cruises!! ALSO...although I don't currently hail from Jersey I did live in Woodbridge for a time and spent some summertime in Belmar.....which is also where I met my ex-husband BUT thats a whole 'nother story :)

From what I have seen/read the ships sail at or near capacity all the time. the variance is the make-up of the Pax. During the time that you are sailing you will see some kids but certainly not as many as during school breaks. Many of the kids will be younger....there will be more people who are older.....always some singles in the mix.....no matter wht you should have a great cruise!

Hello again Num.

I forgot to also say I have been on the smaller ships too. But now that I have been on the bigger ships, it hard to go back to the smaller ships. Its really that I like the newer ones over the older ones. Just cleaner is what it is. Just got to have the right frame of mine that it going to be "FUN"

SEE YA

Hi!

I'm doing my first cruise on November 4-11th on the Triumph. Can anyone tell me if the ships are filled or not at this time of year? (I figure not too many families with school kids b/c they're in school and no college kids either for the same reason). Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

JerseyGirl :)

Hi Jen im form Pt. Pleasant NJ. I was on the Triumph in Jan. The ship was full. I haven't been on a carnival ship that wasn't.

Hey Gary from Ohio - please write when you get back from your cruise to let me know about the CD!! Also, take notes on any info we Nov 4th cruisers may need.

We did Western Carribbean on the Imagination this past November. Did Dunns River Falls with Pete Taylor in Ocho Rios and Sting Rays with Captain Marvin in Grand Cayman. Had a ball!! Did Jeep Tours/snorkeling in Cozumel 2 years ago on the Fascination and hated it. Hope you aren't signed up for that!

Have a great trip! Num

Thanks everyone so much for all your info! I'm SO psyched, i can't wait.

I don't have any kids so I can't help anyone with kid penpals or anything. I'm sailing with my best friend, we're both in our very early 30's. :D

The latest posts I have read on CD's says that Stuart Dunn is the CD on Triumph. I guess I'll know in just over a week. I'll be on the May 13th Sailing to the Western Caribbean!!

Gary in Ohio

I was on Her 4-08 and Yes Stuart Dunn was the CD, I personally did think he was all that great.

Archived