Does NCL have a sale every wed?

3/4 rates on my upcomming cruise dropped (50%) and when I emailed my TA she got back to me with "sorry, one day sale - new bookings only" :( She said NCL is really strict about it.

I agree that it's not fair to those of us who book early. :mad: Oh well, I have 4 months before final payment. Maybe a great deal will happen before then!

~Connie

Yes, that's NCL's policy. The specials are for new bookings only and NCL is very much a stickler for that rule. If you want the lower price or shipboard credits, you have to cancel your original booking and re-book. You may not get the same cabin(s) though when you re-book.

Yes, that's NCL's policy. The specials are for new bookings only and NCL is very much a stickler for that rule. If you want the lower price or shipboard credits, you have to cancel your original booking and re-book. You may not get the same cabin(s) though when you re-book.

Actually, they wont let you cancel and rebook. New policy. sucks!

OK, suppose I have a reservation and see a great deal later. I book an entirely new reservation, and send in my required deposit. Then I cancel the first reservation. Of course I've lost the original cabin, but are there any other ramifications? Can I still get the "new reservation" OBC?

OK, suppose I have a reservation and see a great deal later. I book an entirely new reservation, and send in my required deposit. Then I cancel the first reservation. Of course I've lost the original cabin, but are there any other ramifications? Can I still get the "new reservation" OBC?

No you can't. That's what some of this hub-bub is about. If you try to make a new reservation, all your information will come up on the screen, including that you already have a reservation or have cancelled a reservation for that cruise. When that happens, they will not rebook you with the OBC or any other incentive that's listed for "new bookings."

It doesn't matter whether you cancel an existing reservation and then start a new booking. To NCL, it's not a new booking because at some point you had booked that cruise. Even though we all know that we will lose the great cabin we originally had and are willing to take our chances, NCL will not allow us to cancel and rebook and get the benefits.

And although other cruise lines do have these incentives and "new bookings" listings, when they are outside of the penalty phase, pax can typically do the cancel-and-rebook thing without a problem. If it's outside penalty, it's outside penalty.

beachchick

Archived