Los Veranos Canopy Tour in PV THE BEST

1gail1

:) :) :) We just got back from mexico and this I have to say is a MUST adventure to go on, not only did we have a fantastic time zipping through the trees the staff is also wonderful, funny and very enjoyable just to be around. Please be sure to take time after your tour to stay and play. Take your bathing suit and swim, have a drink in there bar or a bite to eat, visit with all the wonderful animals they have that you can hold and pet, this part is as much fun as the zip lines. We got to meet Julia an owner who was very nice and she wanted me to let everyone know that now they accept payments through Paypal for the reservation. Our group did have one person that chickened out at the last minute and they refunded all his money (I think he gave it all back to them at the bar waiting for us though, but he enjoyed it)

For thoughs of you that have a fear of heights, let me say that you feel very secure in the harness and most of the time you are paying so much attention on just getting to the other side you forget to look around, my knees give out on me when I look over edges, cliffs etc. I had no problems with the zip lines.

Take your camera with you, I have a big digital camera that I hung around my neck and I got some great pictures of our group zipping, I went first and took their picutres as they were coming into each landing.

This is a fantastic adventure a complete thumbs up for fun!!!:D :D

There is no need for gloves or helmets. Gloves are for those tours where you actually have to grab onto the wire - you don't with Veranos - you hold a little pulley thing that is your brakes - you never feel friction with your hands, ever. El Eden also does not use gloves.

El Eden uses helmets because some of the platforms are set up where you can bump your head as you're walking around - I was glad I had one since I bumped my head a few times. At Los Veranos I never bumped my head. The platforms are more clear of low-hanging branches. If you were to fall (which you wont - it's next to impossible), a helmet wouldn't do you any good from 500 feet above the ground anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

It was $71 per person. If there is anyone in your party who would rather "hang out" at the restaurant until you get done with the zip lines, they charge $20 to take you there and back - totally worth it! And spend some time there after the zip lines, there is a river to swim in with rope swings and water slides - very relaxing day! And the food and Margaritas are wonderful!

Here's the link: http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/

If you'd like to see our pictures of the day - click the link below and choose the Puerto Vallarte album.

Are non-participants (who pay the $20 to go on the tour with someone far more brave) able to see persons from their group as they're on the zipline? (i.e. for pictures?) Or is the waiting area removed from the ziplines?

Are non-participants (who pay the $20 to go on the tour with someone far more brave) able to see persons from their group as they're on the zipline? (i.e. for pictures?) Or is the waiting area removed from the ziplines?

im scheduled to do this in january but as i understand it the non participants camp out at or near the restaurant and they can see the last zip line

The zip lines are way the heck up there! You can see them, but they are very far off! (If you look at my pictures, you can see some that I took from very far away - can't really tell who they are!) But the cool thing is that they come zipping right into the restaurant area (you'll see the post where they end up). You get some warning that they are coming in because one of the employees comes in first. They also take a very cool picture of the person on the ziplines for $10 (you can see mine scanned in the album) and they have a DVD of your group on sale for $40 which I thought was totally worth it! Hubby and son bought a T-shirt which was cool too!

The restaurant is very nice and the scenery is lovely! My aunt and I had a Margarita (or two!) :D while we waited which was very good! After the ziplines, we all ordered lunch and Ryan went for a swim! Had a blast!

I was wondering if while you were at the bar did you talk with anyone named German Ortega (pronounced Herman)? Went through your pics to see if you happened to get him in one of your shots. He is a very good old friend of mine that I know for 10 years and I was wondering how he is.

Dh & I are thinking about doing this (ok, dh totally wants to do it and I'm a big chicken). Is this the one offered through the cruise line (we'll be on Princess)?

I was wondering if while you were at the bar did you talk with anyone named German Ortega (pronounced Herman)? Went through your pics to see if you happened to get him in one of your shots. He is a very good old friend of mine that I know for 10 years and I was wondering how he is.

I didn't learn everyone's name, but everyone who worked there seemed very friendly and happy to be there! ;)

Archived