New Jersey accommodations

photobug

We are sailing on the Spirit October 29th this year and are driving from Pittsburgh and do not wish to park at the pier. Can anyone suggest a hotel for Oct 28th on the Jersey side close to the New York Port where we can leave our car for the length of our cruise.

Also would like some info on car service/limo/cab to and from cruise.

Thanks so much.

We are sailing on the Spirit October 29th this year and are driving from Pittsburgh and do not wish to park at the pier. Can anyone suggest a hotel for Oct 28th on the Jersey side close to the New York Port where we can leave our car for the length of our cruise.

Also would like some info on car service/limo/cab to and from cruise.

Thanks so much.

I would rethink the pier parking. On our last cruise some folks stayed at the Sheraton, Newark airport and took a car service into NYC. It is 13 miles and I believe cost about $75 each way with tip.

The only reason they did not drive in to the pier was the 2 feet of snow covering their cars:D

You car is much safer at the pier then any hotel lot in Jersey.

Thanks for the quick response shoreguy. I might have to rethink my parking situation but I sure hate the thought of driving into the city.

Last year while on vacation in New England we did the bus from New Haven for our Dawn cruise in September '05, then drove home from there...man was that easy. The bus trip into NYC scared the living daylights out of me. THat's why I don't want to drive into the city. ;)

Thanks again.

Archived